• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Supply depot lower not working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hi, im trying to duplicate the unit Supply depot to another one called Barricade Lvl.1 . its been working good so far, except when i get to the lower. When i go to lower a normal supply depot, it works fine (except for the red ball, ignore.) but when i go to lower my barricade lvl 1, it just shifts 1x1 to the upper-right and it disables all its abillities. Ne1 help?

Attachments

• mhm.SC2Map
    1.7 MB · Views: 132
Level 19
For one, i did "good sir" and it turned out that way

and if u want me to REdo it, which unit? lol. the normal or lowered?

Level 5
You set the Raise button to your Barricade, the reason you weren't having the button show up is because you need to put that on your (Lowered) building. Your Footprints are incorrect as well, so that's why it seems that the building is moving.

Confirmed that all these being fixed will fix your problem, BTW your line of Depots stacked on each other wont raise :p

I did more, but try these few steps first to test it out. If this isnt enough I can add what I removed from my OP.

Last edited:
Level 19
Ok i got the moving thing + buttons working but it doesnt play the animation to lower / the lowered supply depot looks normal. The actors are right...

Level 5
Ok, I was trying to see if you could get away with not having to do this, but:

Follow this guide starting at Setting your Actor & Making your Building Constructable. Ignore the Terran Construction part unless you plan on making a scv build it.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorial-submission-660/creating-building-169525/

I know it's for the Barracks in the guide, but the same concept applies. One last thing, be sure to delete the old Actors so they do not interfere or crash the game.

Level 19
ne1 know how to assign/unassign a model to a unit? lol. ive just been tinkering, the supply depot lowered model wasnt duplicated..

Edit : i do believe the 1st post above dis. i reduplicated both + fixed up the lower/raise abils, and it does the same thing. Sure it switches units, but it dont do any of the animations / the lowered isnt actually lowered

Last edited:
Level 3
Yeah, with my experiences with this skill, properly creating a new one is an incredibly frustrating process.

Everything you need to change / work out is in the 'events - events' option, in the actor supply depot and supply depot lowered.

Try familiarise yourself with this events category as it seems quite important for animations. All the 'abil morph - start' and 'abil morph - finish' wont be linked to the appropriate units after you copy the supply depot so try work through it looking back at the original depot for help

ne1 know how to assign/unassign a model to a unit? lol. ive just been tinkering, the supply depot lowered model wasnt duplicated..

Edit : i do believe the 1st post above dis. i reduplicated both + fixed up the lower/raise abils, and it does the same thing. Sure it switches units, but it dont do any of the animations / the lowered isnt actually lowered
Check the copied unit's actor. It should have the wrong models.

Status
Not open for further replies.