• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Supply Depot Duplication

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello forum! IVe been trying whole day to make a duplication of the supply depot, and I did but it CANNON lower or raise. I created a lowered and a raised model, I associated them with each other, I made new Raise and Lower abilities and set the units the the raised and lowered new supply depot but when I click on raise in-game nothing happens. Only the hp changes, beacause the raised one has 500 and the lowered one has 1000. NOTHING else happens. Can someone help me? Guys, try and make a second a little bigger supply depot that lowers and raises properly and please send me the map, or tell me what I should do.
More info:
I duplicated the supply depot (named the new one WALL), the actor (for a different color) and the abilities lower and raise. The raised wall had a LOWER WALL ability and the lowered one had the RAISE WALL ability.
After making LOWER WALL I changed the unit Ability - Info+ to the LOWERED wall. I did the same for the RAISE WALL, but the unit was RAISED WALL. I also changed Unit - (ALL ALIASES) to the proper ones. Both raised and Lowered walls have WALL as an alias. The unit - subgroup alias for the LOWERED Wall is WALL (lowered).

Please help :vw_wtf:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Your wall is morphing fine between lowerd and raised form. This is proved by the change in HP you are reporting (as intended).

The problem you are having is obviously actor related. The abilities/effects of the lower/raise are not triggering the lower/raise animation of the supply depot. There is probably an actor event linking error in your duplicated actor (refering to the old abilities of a supply depot and not your lower/raise abilities or even just the events are incorrect).

Level 5
Ok guys I found a much simpler way and more effective - I made the lower/raise ability by duplicating the morph to greater spire. Now it actually upgrades to a raised or lowered one.

p.s. Why is this editor so complicated? I find warcraft 3 editor much simpler. If you want to make a new unit and change its model, tint, EVERYTHING in wc3 editor you make it for 2 minutes or less. In the starcraft 2 editor you gotta visit forums, have bugs, editor crash, editor bugs and maybe by the end of the day you will have a new fully customized unit (that will most likely make the unstoppable "another cactorunit persistant" bug, but still).

Level 5
You cant call something bad, just because its simple. Complex things are made of many simple things. I agree tho, but I think the creators have raised the level of complexity too much. I am saying this because of all the bugs that the editor has. Its been what? 2 years now since the realease of sc2 and its still bug heaven when you open the editor.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It has been 1 year in July. The editor is buggy yes, but the game is much less so than WC3. Also the editor is structured more logically.

In WC3, objects did stuff because they did (they were hard coded to behave in a certain way).
In SC2, all data behaves in the same was as their inherint classes. Just because it is yammato cannon or fungle spore does not mean they opperate any differently (both obey the same effect rules). In WC3 holy light and death bolt were highly inflexible and very unique in opperation.

One can see exactly how well the data system in SC2 is made if you have done even the most basic database course.

Status
Not open for further replies.