• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Condition isn't working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I just started triggering again recently after taking a break from WC3 for a few years. I can do plenty of stuff fine, but for some reason this incredibly simple problem has me completely stumped.

So basically, I have these units that charge a toll whenever another player brings a unit near them. I have the rest of the system completely finished (doesn't allow units to pass by if owner doesn't have enough money and things like that) except for this. These tolls have simple abilities (based on the roar ability) called "Raise Toll" and "Lower Toll" that either raise or lower the toll rate (the mana) by 5 each time they are used. For some reason when I press EITHER BUTTON, that is regardless of whether I press "Raise Toll" or "Lower Toll" the mana will raise by 5. Basically, the condition doesn't work, yet it seems so exceedingly simple. I triple checked all my other triggers to make sure that there aren't any conflicts. I have another trigger entitled "Lower Tolls" that lowers the mana by 5. When I have the "Lower Tolls" trigger disabled, it will do as I said above and either button will raise the mana. If I enable the "Lower Tolls" trigger then "Raise Tolls" will work once, raising the mana to 5, then neither will do anything after that.

• Raise Tolls
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Raise Toll
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to (5.00 + (Mana of (Triggering unit)))

Level 4
That didn't seem to make any difference. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Edit: I Guess I should clarify. There doesn't seem to be a "Unit starts casting an ability" word for word. There's "Starts the effect of an ability", but that didn't seem to help either.

Level 4
Even changing the order string didn't seem to help, but I created a new ability based off of thunder clap and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the help.

Level 24
You based both skills from the same base ability.
This can ONLY be done with the abilities "Channel" and "Charge gold and lumber".

If you have used any other ability as base for both abilities, then you will break order strings.
You will have to recreate either of the abilities using another base.

Status
Not open for further replies.