• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My other spell..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Alright.. im having trouble with this other spell, where it turns 1/2/3/4 corpses into skeletons around the hero. I based it on howl of terror. heres what it looks like.

Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Raise Dead
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within (200.00 x (Real((Level of Raise Dead for (Triggering unit))))) of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Triggering unit) is alive) Equal to False)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Dummy3 for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing 0.00 degrees
Unit - Add Skeletons-Raisedead to (Last created unit)
Unit - Set level of Skeletons-Raisedead for (Last created unit) to (Level of Raise Dead for (Triggering unit))
Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Level 2
The problem is you didnt order your dummy to do anything. Sure you gave it the ability and all but you didn't tell it to cast. Also create the dummy unit at the position of the picked unit not the triggering unit (doesnt REALLY matter but its better setup that way)

Level 3
Ohhh. I see, so will that fix my problem?

Edit: Heres what it looks like.. and its not working. Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Necromancer - Raise Dead (Triggering unit)

Level 11
you have the same problem that you had before... you use "triggering unit" for the wrong unit.

Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Necromancer - Raise Dead (Triggering unit)

This way your dummy will cast the spell on the triggering unit, which is the caster (your hero with the howl of terror).
You want your dummy to cast raise dead on the picked unit in the loop:

Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Necromancer - Raise Dead (Picked unit :!: )

Level 3
Yet another problem.. I did what you said. But now whenever i use the ability. It casts the ability as many times as there are corpses. I tried removing the ability after it was cast. But it didn't work. Some help?

Status
Not open for further replies.