• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestion: Remove Namespoofer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have been playing this map for a long time now and been through a couple of codewipes. Each time I had multiple characters. It would help save alot of time if you remove the namespoofer so people can just dual box to lvl their characters back instead of having to lvl one character back at a time.

Just a suggestion from a long time player

Level 13
The name spoofer should remain as is. Leveling all of your alts by yourself kind of removes the whole team play aspect gaias is based around.
There is a way to bypass it anyway, which I hope can eventually be covered.

Level 1
yeah i bet he wants to use codes from high level players LOL

Don't need to do that. I play other rpgs like Tkok dual boxed now because it saves alot of time (Even one of the Tkok team members do that). I play a couple of rpgs and they all had code resets over the years and like Gais, I had multiple high lvl characters there too.

I also post bugs for other rpgs I play. Check the Guild of Hyppos forums. I reported alot of bugs ranging from low to high lvls. No need for me to use other people's codes.

@Vestra: I know about the bypass you are talking about but that feels kind of like exploiting, lol. Anyway, back around the time when Gais was first released I felt the same way. Also, it's not like you can do dungeons like D3 and soon D4 with dual boxing. If people wanted to cheat, the namespoofer will not stop them and Gais is the only WC3 rpg that uses this that I have played.

Last edited:
Level 1
Yes, when you load characters with the same name it drops you.

I don't have the old versions anymore but I don't think it's a new feature.

Level 1
You sure we are talking about the same thing? I just downloaded Gais v1.0 and the namespoofing detected feature is already there. That version was released almost 2 years ago.

Level 14
There is no such thing as namespoofing detection in the map, simply because it is impossible to create such a thing with the wc3 triggers. Bots can check for namespoofers and you could transfer that data to the map, but this is not happening in gaias.
I think the reason for this discussion is the different interpretation of this word.

What happens in gaias is a check for the players username. Each code can only be loaded by one username and few other names that are equivalent in the context of this check.
I believe the "new check" is just a feature that disables the loading of two codes that belong different but equivalent usernames (this prevents users from 2boxing).

Level 1
It doesn't really prevent 2boxing because I just tried the bypass and it works.

Also since more and more people are moving to garena, you can't stop people from making multiple accounts and 2boxing anyway.

Level 5
I'm not sure if darklycan clearly understand english... so much non sense from him.

OT: I think it should stay as it is now, with the username-bound loading, or lazy asses nubs could just screenshot your load code and take it for them (that would require players to send the loading in private chat if they want their code to be safe...).

Level 1
I agree that codes should be username-bound but that is not what I am suggesting. If someone screenshots your code they still can't go online and use it because the name will be different. They have to use additional methods. But if they know the other methods they might as well just cheat outright.

*Sigh* do you really suggest me to remove something I added only for the purpose of preventing people from doing just what you want to do?

Seriously, just play online with friends and you got no problems. It's more fun anyway.

While I agree that there are workarounds against this protection, it well ... helps to remind people that what they are doing is wrong, at least...

Level 6
get 2 warcraft3 accounts....join the bot game from different realms....problem done?

Level 1
Tsumo, I already mentioned that you can make multiple accounts but I'm not going to get into why I don't prefer that.

Anyway, I respect your views Zwieb

Status
Not open for further replies.