• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Suggestion for contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
We already have:

Melee map contest
Terraining contest
Spell making
Hero making
Story contest
Tree tech contest
Mini-game contest
Modeling contest

Any I forgot?

What if we can have QUEST CONTEST, in which a map maker will make a map with a maximum of not more than 5 quests to complete the map or story?

Now you maybe asking that is the same as mini-game coz mini games has quests, well not exactly coz most mini-games (contest) focus on themes, boring storylines and no cinematics, Quest contest is to test a modder's creativity on how to finish a storyline or maybe creating a sequel...

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I suggest to add a general rule for contests that only moderator is allowed to judge. I have joined 2 contests and found that the judges are far from qualified.
If judges don't appear to be fit for their role, contact the staff

I'm always interested in AI scripting contest btw.
Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy. But there's no contest, so make one maybe

IDK how this suggestion is going to be implemented guys, does the administrator read and sometimes heed this kinda things?...
Admins usually don't need to get involved. Here's how the Arena works in rough terms

Have a contest idea? Post it in Contest Submission. Here all future contests are reviewed by arena moderators who determine if hosting it is worth it. It may then either be rejected and moved to submissions archive, or hosted and moved to the main forum

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
guys it is not just a contest but a contest that has a title or thread of itself, like the Zephyr and mini-game type contests...
Yeah, some contests are established and some are not. That is because people (note: people, not necessarily staff) don't stop creating successors for them. Because they like participating in them. It's not like we are high up on our thrones forcing people to participate in and host modeling/mapping/whatever contests

If your contest idea picks up speed and people are interested in it then there will be succeeding contests of the same style

many of us (if not all) spend tons of time moding in WC3 that's why you are here, years of devotion, so why not enter new ideas...
You are confusing the mechanisms that drive the Arena. Basically it all comes down to this: The Arena is reliant on people submitting contest submissions, which are looked over and subsequently rejected or hosted. Whatever contest ideas you have, put them in Contest Submission

Status
Not open for further replies.