1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Suggestion] Decrease the levelling speed

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by Jumbo, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello everyone.

I realise this has been done before, but now that Gaias is in a more completed state I think it is a good time to decrease the levelling speed even further.

In my opinion, Gaias, with the current levelling speed, is little else than a race towards lvl 50. The D3 items and now even the foothills items seem superfluous as players can quickly rush through those areas, even with semi-poor gear. This is a shame, as I remember when Mytargas forest was actually a place to enjoy rather than quickly skipping through. Gaias is a huge RPG already compared to most, but this is reduced to the snow area for the most part due to everyone being high level.

Please note that I realise souls were partially made to counter the high lvl only problem, but now I feel that further measures a appropriate.

My suggestions:
    - decrease xp gain by 25-40%
    -(if map size allows) add one repeatable quest to the Foothills to compensate.

These changes will make Gaias seem like a bigger game.

2. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    cant agree more i love those zones more than the snow zone

3. Hawajska

Hawajska

Resources:
    Resources:
    What's the problem to keep playing there? You get minimum xp, once you ding 2-3 lvls.. not a big difference to difficoulty(just dont use item gifts from friends), and u can stay there all day long ;)

4. Bleach_of_pain

Bleach_of_pain

Resources:
    Resources:
    dreasing the exp wouldnt be nice cause if you solo lvl you allready need around 10h and thats a fine time.

5. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    but why would you solo i mean its an ORPG and there are enough players

6. Bleach_of_pain

Bleach_of_pain

Resources:
    Resources:
    not every one is a team player or wanna depend on anyone else and to strech it for that person longer is kinda painfull. atleast i could imagine it

7. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    so why dont you play Shadows of the past its the best RPG i dont why you are sp a ORPG

8. Hawajska

Hawajska

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cos peoples have free will and individual taste ;)

Personaly I dislike only those, who try to force their point of view to others...

9. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    The current levelling feels spot on to me, especially when not playing with OP souls. Gaias was never meant to be too much of an XP-grind. Also, if you don't want to rush, you can totally just take your time. I think that's a better design than forcing players to mindlessly grind a bunch more creeps. Anything's game except boosting IMO.

N.B. Blackfire Deep is hotter than the rest of the game put together.

10. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I think the leveling speed is good as it is now. Dragging the leveling process out even further would harm the game, as the pacing especially in midlevel zones already feels slow.

It's all about how you play it. If you take your time to run each dungeon at least once and do some crafting here and there, you will have a much better game experience than when you just rush it to 50 just to farm the Whitepine content.
    People need to learn not to ruin their own fun.

11. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't agree, it isn't far off, but I still think it is a bit too fast.

12. Hawajska

Hawajska

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude, what's the problem to level slower?
    You get less xp once u got higher lvl, so you can lvl on mobs 3-4 lvl lower than you and poooof here you got slower leveling... No reason to annoy forumers with wish list.

13. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Strange idea of a forum you have. The meaning of the word 'forum' is a meeting place for public discussion or debate.
    Also, manners please.

14. sluk

sluk

Resources:
    Resources:
    i agree with what zwieb saids but we need to do something about boosting because it is really stupit if you say it i mean my first char was boosted i was playing in 3rd person and i loved exploring that new zones loved it but actually i was boosted only if i was not boosted i would have a lot better experience

my suggestion:
    i know this will be very hard but its maybe worth of it

if lvl 50 enters low lvl zones there will spawn mini bosses for lvl 40-50

i mean i am sure this is not gonna be in the game but i hope zwieb will do something about boosting

15. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your idea sadly won't work Sluk. I think the boosting issue has been masterfully erased already by the penalties system.

To the rest:
    I suppose my recurring problem is that I want Gaias to be immersive in a way that isn't possible in a Warcraft 3 map. Namely, joinable open games. The WC3 player limit and cumbersome hosting system takes away any chance of a huge world in a global community. This is reduced in Wc3 to a huge world limited by 6-12 players.
    Inventing the Craft tried to create exactly this feature, but unfortunately their project died years ago. It would have been revolutionising.

16. Hawajska

Hawajska

Resources:
    Resources:
    Try to go outside, maybe date a girl(with manners ofc).. problems will be solved ;)

17. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hahaha I have not played Gaias for a long time. It's not like I do nothing else than play this.

18. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Girls are overrated amirite?!

/s
    #foreveralone

19. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Haha damn right, all you need is S0ul

20. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Somehow, that Haruhi avatar makes that statement even more true. ;)