• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Suggestion] Add some flavour to Heroic Presence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Right now Heroic Presence is a no brainer. You switch it on and it basically works like a passive - unless for some odd reason you dont want to be tanking (in which case you shouldnt have the spell at all).

How about adding some kind of penalty for having it on? Now I dont have a clear solution, but ideas are something like this (just loose ideas, and mutually exclusive)
- Damage slightly decreased. (i.e. turn it off if you need to pack a quick punch and are comfortably holding aggro at that point).
- Spell damage taken slightly increased (i.e. turn it off when a boss is charging his pyroblast at your face)

There are probably other, and better, ways to improve the spell, but for now the main point is to make Heroic Presence a spell which you actually have to actively think about when to use. Keep in mind that the spell has no cost or cooldown. You can even move while using it. So basically you can switch it on and off 10 times in 5 seconds. This is why I believe adding a more tactical element to it would make sense.

Last edited:
Level 10
Could always make it a duration buff for x amount of seconds/minutes the buff remains on you with a y cooldown. The buff once activated on you would increase all threat generated or something for a duration

Status
Not open for further replies.