1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Suggestion] Add some flavour to Heroic Presence

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by Jumbo, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Right now Heroic Presence is a no brainer. You switch it on and it basically works like a passive - unless for some odd reason you dont want to be tanking (in which case you shouldnt have the spell at all).

How about adding some kind of penalty for having it on? Now I dont have a clear solution, but ideas are something like this (just loose ideas, and mutually exclusive)
    - Damage slightly decreased. (i.e. turn it off if you need to pack a quick punch and are comfortably holding aggro at that point).
    - Spell damage taken slightly increased (i.e. turn it off when a boss is charging his pyroblast at your face)

There are probably other, and better, ways to improve the spell, but for now the main point is to make Heroic Presence a spell which you actually have to actively think about when to use. Keep in mind that the spell has no cost or cooldown. You can even move while using it. So basically you can switch it on and off 10 times in 5 seconds. This is why I believe adding a more tactical element to it would make sense.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  2. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Could always make it a duration buff for x amount of seconds/minutes the buff remains on you with a y cooldown. The buff once activated on you would increase all threat generated or something for a duration

3. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It's on my list for a redesign. Currently there are bigger fish to fry but I see how the design of Heroic Presence is lackluster. There are many more skills that I think should be redesigned in the future to make them more interesting, most of them being the ones I made very early in developement.

4. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, makes sense.