• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestion about rating a resource

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Is it possible to rate a resource with a .5? like rating something with a 3.5 or a 2.5 without a previous vote?

If we can,
how?

If not,
I think it would be great if we could rate submitted resources with a .5 or just make the rates /10 because sometimes I (and maybe more hive members) have trouble with rating a resource because there are times that a 4/5 rating is too much and a 3/5 rating is too low for that specific resource.. So I think a new rating system would be great so that we can rate it as close to what we think the resource is really worth..

Level 13
Yes the rating system is a little bit outdated but I wouldn't increase the rating scale. That wouldn't be an improvement.

A suggestion of mine is to replace the public rating system with just like/dislike, because there are so many stupid users who just rate every map 5/5 which is really ridiculous.

The mod-rating is fine as it is, because moderators are the only people who schould be able to rate like the existing system from my point of view.

But changing the existing system would mean that one has to fit it to the whole existing stuff in the resource section. That would need someone who is willing to sacrifice a lot of effort and time for it. And by a lot of time I mean years.

Oh yey, another wild Let's-Change-How-The-Rating-Works-Thread appears.
Sure, let's go with 0.01 points aswell, for best balance possible.
Or simply like/dislike? To please today's Hipsters?
Another possibility would be using colours as ratings.
Brown (poo) = worst, Gold (pure metal) = best.

On a serious note though, the Rating System will be reworked in the future (Hive 2.0).
The intended changes have been disclosed in another thread regarding this matter.

I'd still like the 1-5 to stay, as it's more dynamic than a simple "like/dislike" system.

Level 13

On a serious note though, the Rating System will be reworked in the future (Hive 2.0).
The intended changes have been disclosed in another thread regarding this matter.

I'd still like the 1-5 to stay, as it's more dynamic than a simple "like/dislike" system.

^second that, but you can not prevent that it is raised again and again.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
The problem is filtering between good and bad. The reason why it does not work is because people's skills vary and those who don't know a thing may vote 5/5 just to please their friend.
This is why that I am planning a different system for the future. It will work this way: moderator rating disappears. It will be replaced by rating of reviewers. A moderator is a reviewer and so will all people, who are skilled in the area. This way, several people can weigh in on what was formerly known as the moderator rating, which you can also sort by.

Level 24
The problem is filtering between good and bad. The reason why it does not work is because people's skills vary and those who don't know a thing may vote 5/5 just to please their friend.
This is why that I am planning a different system for the future. It will work this way: moderator rating disappears. It will be replaced by rating of reviewers. A moderator is a reviewer and so will all people, who are skilled in the area. This way, several people can weigh in on what was formerly known as the moderator rating, which you can also sort by.
What about regular user voting, will it stay as it is today?

Level 14

no need to explain the intentions of hive just because people are bored with the rating system, i think it is fine and it should stay as is. Boredum will always make people say crazy ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.