• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sugesstions and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Suggesstions
  1. Could you increase the amount of exp gain from quests? I found it hard to level up in the first part of the game (forest).
  2. Could you set a level requirement before you can accept a quest? I find it annoying to accept a quest, and finish it in like 5 seconds. Only to find out that I need 3 more levels before I can accept it.
  3. Add a few more quests around?
  4. Could you make some of the quests repeatable? Like killing the gnolls, infested spider caves, etc... Be easier for people to level up instead of killing for a long time. Make it so that you can only accept to the quest to a certain level.
  5. This is a hard thing, but like your ownage, custom JASS equipment/buy thing. Could you add one for like a WoW skill buys? Like when you get new skills, and level them up. It would be nice to have a 1-4 spell books, each with its own spell types (Arcanist: Frost/Fire/Nature/Arcane/etc...). [You might wana make a new and larger map if your going to do this]
Questions
  1. How large is the map?
  2. How many doodads were used?
  3. How did you do that cool equipment JASS thing?!?!?!

Level 2
don't make quests give more exp in the forest cause if you do all quests in forests you should be level 5 and the quests you finish in 5 seconds, yours probably running it which is not really what you suppose to do i think. I agreed with repeatable quests but make the experience lower after the first time

Level 10
@TrollDrugDealer

I wish you could just simply run and get the exp. But you have level requirements so it's not as simple. Besides if their was not any level requirement, I would only get to lv 3 at best. The most exp I think you can get in that little town is like 47 exp, and theirs only like 7-9 quest givers.

@PheoniX_VII

Wow big data size. Dam 20k+ of doodads!?

Level 4
Job Systems

Hey there, I was just wondering if you were possibly gonna add a job system, e.g mining, smithing, fishing etc... Cuz I love RPG's that have a bit more than just battling.

Level 12
We did have plans for 3 professions as we first started working on the map and I'm quite sure the code already supports it but taken the time creating the system would take as well as all the work with actually making them useful this is not something we prioritize and may very well never add to the map.

Level 6
Hey =)
I just want to tell you (but I think you already know this) that your Map is a little big, if possible do all you can tu reduce the Map's size :)
Why? Because I think it's a good think to host a Map that is less big than 2-2.5 Mo, so the dl will be faster and there will be less leavers :)

But you do what you want to, it's just a suggestion =)

Level 2
Yeah. The terrain is somewhere just a spam of doodads. :/

It's true that there are a lot of Doodads. But not spammed.
You obviously seem to have no eye how beautiful the terrain really is.
A lot of things e.g. the spikes in the caves were made with unclickable units, not even doodads that just looks freaky awesome and to make a beautiful terrain takes a lot of skill. I did a lot with editors yet, but I was never able to be making such beautiful terrains and didn't see any others in a good wc3 map that could compare to Phoenix's work in TkoK.

One of the biggest reasons why I prefer TKoK over other RPG's is that it doesn't look ugly and is full of nice detailed artwork.

Level 2
  1. Could you increase the amount of exp gain from quests? I found it hard to level up in the first part of the game (forest).
  2. Could you set a level requirement before you can accept a quest? I find it annoying to accept a quest, and finish it in like 5 seconds. Only to find out that I need 3 more levels before I can accept it.
  3. Add a few more quests around?
  4. Could you make some of the quests repeatable? Like killing the gnolls, infested spider caves, etc... Be easier for people to level up instead of killing for a long time. Make it so that you can only accept to the quest to a certain level.
  5. This is a hard thing, but like your ownage, custom JASS equipment/buy thing. Could you add one for like a WoW skill buys? Like when you get new skills, and level them up. It would be nice to have a 1-4 spell books, each with its own spell types (Arcanist: Frost/Fire/Nature/Arcane/etc...).
1. Before saying that Xp is small - try playing on Legendary Mode. Currently the quest xp-gain doesn't scale with difficulty but I'm sure it will someday :). However the xp-gain and gold-gain from mobs does scale. And it's more then enough for beta.
2. Totally unnecessary. And I'll repeat myself - play Legendary and you won't complete quests in 5 seconds anymore.
3. It might be nice, however having a ton of quests in one zone is … Well, okay, whatever. Just my opinion.
4. I'll repeat myself again - play Legendary - xp is bigger so you don't need to grind 1/2 day to get that one level-up.
5. The more spells there are the less use of each individual spell there is. I personally like it as it is. If you want fire - go Pyro, you want Frost - go Hydro. You want all at once - go play WoW.

Level 2
@NinjasDontFight

Even if normal if you do all the quests in tol'clam, the outpost and hero collecting you will get to lvl 4 or 5, only place you wont get high level is in easy mode.

Lol Bio Diablo play WoW for both :xxd:

Level 11
Pheonix and myself have talked about adding some repeatables. It would be a separate system though than from standard quests. Basically grind mobs, get some sort of drop, turn it in, and get a chunk of exp, then do it again.

This would help eliminate the whole grind process (even though you are grinding!) due to the extra boost of exp

Level 1
I've been a fan of this map, and I played it since you made it, gj :thumbs_up:

Anyways, i've been playing the beta with my friends and I noticed a few things, don't know if you fixed them.

With Chaotic Knight the spell that gives you temp. control of a unit (forget the name,) the creep will still have that attack damage aura of "the creature feel's hostile towards human" or something along the lines... is that suppose to meant to be when you control the unit? Sorry if i don't remember the exact thing's it says.

Another little thing you probably already fixed is that the "save my baby" quest the tooltip is wrong. You don't need a hatchet or anything.

A small suggestion would be adding a few more quests at the start or making the starting ones give a little more xp, because after you finish all the quests from the starting area and the cave (yes I forget the names, kill me,) you are only arond lvl 8-9 and my friends and I had to restart the game so we could do some quests so we could reach lvl 10 to go to the desert, it was kind of annoying.

One last thing, are the items you can buy from the shop merchants just as good as the items that drop on legendary mode?

Level 2
arond lvl 8-9 and my friends and I had to restart the game so we could do some quests so we could reach lvl 10 to go to the desert, it was kind of annoying.
And just why the hell did you have to do that? You can enter desert at level 5 if you wish.
One last thing, are the items you can buy from the shop merchants just as good as the items that drop on legendary mode?
Currently yes. Later - no.

Level 34
For a first look it seems fine, but when I look more I can see sum spam. Expecially in the first forest. Ye, bushes.
I guess you could call it spam, but you obviously don't hold high regard for terrain. TKoK terrain is quite good (could use some work in spots) and I would be pretty pissed if they took out doodads so people could dl faster. I don't think they want to cater to noobs, they'd rather cater to more veteran players, and clan members.

Level 11
doodads dont increase the file size much, the file compresses down nicely, removing all the doodads will just save a few KB, not much

The only spot i am truly unhappy with is the neburean mountains, that terrain was CnP from an old map i made before I got really good at terraining, Pheonix will probably work his magic and fix it up a bit before that final spot is released

Level 34
How many custom models have you used?

As well do you use path blockers everywhere? Do you use them for buildings and things?

Last edited:
Level 5
Size up the pathing blockers, if they haven't already. That's what I do for my terrain.

Anyways, the map is great. Only real reason I play it is the fact the terrain is beautiful. There's none of that B.S. terrain that could be fixed if a person looks at it for more then a half second or those terrains that genuinly fail in every matter.

This terrain though is epic, much better then those I find in other RPGs. The very fact some of the skills interact with eachother is awesome, it makes it much more tactical.

Only part I hate is the "I'm New" difficulty, it pisses me off when hosts choose it because they're new. I started off playing the Legendary difficulty and did just fine with my two allies.

Level 1
@ Bio - So the levels that say 10-15 is just the recommended level to go in..? I thought you needed to be a minimum of 10 to go in

Level 34
Do you plan to make a 3.00? Your map is the best RPG iv ever seen, but it's a bit small. Might wana use less doodads. Way to much in the forest, but not much anywhere else... Compared to the forest.
I believe two is the last version for this region. Then they plan on moving on to a new map.

Level 10
Ya, I was thinking of that before that post, but I forgot about it and responded with that. Are you going to complete any of the other regions? You called yours the Eastern region or something. So it seems like your goign to make other regions. Be really cool if you made each one adding small dark secrets that will add up to the final version. That might have a Epic city like terrain.

Level 11
the reason it was 2.0, we totally changed the stat system, the inventory system, the combat damage system, and quite a few other things, considered it a total remake of the game engine, and went from 1.06 to 2.0.

I do not have any plans to give the game another total remake so, no 3.0 just 2.XX

Level 25
The next region Vexen.X and Pheonix_VII are going to make - and I believe have already started working on - is the Mountain Pass. Vexen.X said it is a good comparison with the Alterac Valley (AV) battlegrounds in World of WarCraft. You cannot create new characters in this new region. Only load and save them.

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.