1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sugesstions and Questions

Discussion in 'The Kingdom of Kaliron' started by NinjasDontFight, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NinjasDontFight

NinjasDontFight

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Suggesstions
    1. Could you increase the amount of exp gain from quests? I found it hard to level up in the first part of the game (forest).
    2. Could you set a level requirement before you can accept a quest? I find it annoying to accept a quest, and finish it in like 5 seconds. Only to find out that I need 3 more levels before I can accept it.
    3. Add a few more quests around?
    4. Could you make some of the quests repeatable? Like killing the gnolls, infested spider caves, etc... Be easier for people to level up instead of killing for a long time. Make it so that you can only accept to the quest to a certain level.
    5. This is a hard thing, but like your ownage, custom JASS equipment/buy thing. Could you add one for like a WoW skill buys? Like when you get new skills, and level them up. It would be nice to have a 1-4 spell books, each with its own spell types (Arcanist: Frost/Fire/Nature/Arcane/etc...). [You might wana make a new and larger map if your going to do this]
    Questions
    1. How large is the map?
    2. How many doodads were used?
    3. How did you do that cool equipment JASS thing?!?!?!

2. TrollDrugDealer

TrollDrugDealer

Resources:
    Resources:
    don't make quests give more exp in the forest cause if you do all quests in forests you should be level 5 and the quests you finish in 5 seconds, yours probably running it which is not really what you suppose to do i think. I agreed with repeatable quests but make the experience lower after the first time

3. PheoniX_VII

PheoniX_VII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The map is currently around 3.4 MB of data and 256x180 something in gamesize. Amount of doodads is something along the line of 20k+ if I remember correctly.

4. NinjasDontFight

NinjasDontFight

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @TrollDrugDealer

I wish you could just simply run and get the exp. But you have level requirements so it's not as simple. Besides if their was not any level requirement, I would only get to lv 3 at best. The most exp I think you can get in that little town is like 47 exp, and theirs only like 7-9 quest givers.

@PheoniX_VII

Wow big data size. Dam 20k+ of doodads!?

5. Deep_Blade

Deep_Blade

Resources:
    Resources:
    Job Systems

Hey there, I was just wondering if you were possibly gonna add a job system, e.g mining, smithing, fishing etc... Cuz I love RPG's that have a bit more than just battling.

6. PheoniX_VII

PheoniX_VII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We did have plans for 3 professions as we first started working on the map and I'm quite sure the code already supports it but taken the time creating the system would take as well as all the work with actually making them useful this is not something we prioritize and may very well never add to the map.

7. Rommstein

Rommstein

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey =)
    I just want to tell you (but I think you already know this) that your Map is a little big, if possible do all you can tu reduce the Map's size :)
    Why? Because I think it's a good think to host a Map that is less big than 2-2.5 Mo, so the dl will be faster and there will be less leavers :)

But you do what you want to, it's just a suggestion =)

8. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah. The terrain is somewhere just a spam of doodads. :/

9. Rommstein

Rommstein

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think the customized console in game is bery big, and it's not very important for a game I think, maybe could you remove it?

10. PheoniX_VII

PheoniX_VII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wont happen. The map will most probably end up being just below 4MB in the end, And if people cant wait 40 secs to download the map I doubt they got enough time to play the map for real anyway.

11. LaMiaZeaLoT

LaMiaZeaLoT

Resources:
    Resources:

It's true that there are a lot of Doodads. But not spammed.
    You obviously seem to have no eye how beautiful the terrain really is.
    A lot of things e.g. the spikes in the caves were made with unclickable units, not even doodads that just looks freaky awesome and to make a beautiful terrain takes a lot of skill. I did a lot with editors yet, but I was never able to be making such beautiful terrains and didn't see any others in a good wc3 map that could compare to Phoenix's work in TkoK.

One of the biggest reasons why I prefer TKoK over other RPG's is that it doesn't look ugly and is full of nice detailed artwork.

12. BioDiablo

BioDiablo

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. Before saying that Xp is small - try playing on Legendary Mode. Currently the quest xp-gain doesn't scale with difficulty but I'm sure it will someday :). However the xp-gain and gold-gain from mobs does scale. And it's more then enough for beta.
    2. Totally unnecessary. And I'll repeat myself - play Legendary and you won't complete quests in 5 seconds anymore.
    3. It might be nice, however having a ton of quests in one zone is … Well, okay, whatever. Just my opinion.
    4. I'll repeat myself again - play Legendary - xp is bigger so you don't need to grind 1/2 day to get that one level-up.
    5. The more spells there are the less use of each individual spell there is. I personally like it as it is. If you want fire - go Pyro, you want Frost - go Hydro. You want all at once - go play WoW.

13. TrollDrugDealer

TrollDrugDealer

Resources:
    Resources:
    @NinjasDontFight

Even if normal if you do all the quests in tol'clam, the outpost and hero collecting you will get to lvl 4 or 5, only place you wont get high level is in easy mode.

Lol Bio Diablo play WoW for both :xxd:

14. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For a first look it seems fine, but when I look more I can see sum spam. Expecially in the first forest. Ye, bushes.

15. BioDiablo

BioDiablo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bushes are for hiding, d00h.

16. Vexen.X

Vexen.X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pheonix and myself have talked about adding some repeatables. It would be a separate system though than from standard quests. Basically grind mobs, get some sort of drop, turn it in, and get a chunk of exp, then do it again.

This would help eliminate the whole grind process (even though you are grinding!) due to the extra boost of exp

17. Striker

Striker

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've been a fan of this map, and I played it since you made it, gj :thumbs_up:

Anyways, i've been playing the beta with my friends and I noticed a few things, don't know if you fixed them.

With Chaotic Knight the spell that gives you temp. control of a unit (forget the name,) the creep will still have that attack damage aura of "the creature feel's hostile towards human" or something along the lines... is that suppose to meant to be when you control the unit? Sorry if i don't remember the exact thing's it says.

Another little thing you probably already fixed is that the "save my baby" quest the tooltip is wrong. You don't need a hatchet or anything.

A small suggestion would be adding a few more quests at the start or making the starting ones give a little more xp, because after you finish all the quests from the starting area and the cave (yes I forget the names, kill me,) you are only arond lvl 8-9 and my friends and I had to restart the game so we could do some quests so we could reach lvl 10 to go to the desert, it was kind of annoying.

One last thing, are the items you can buy from the shop merchants just as good as the items that drop on legendary mode?

18. BioDiablo

BioDiablo

Resources:
    Resources:
    And just why the hell did you have to do that? You can enter desert at level 5 if you wish.
    Currently yes. Later - no.

19. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think the idea is good, VexenX. :smile:

However, I - personally - would kill everything in the map anyway, since the little bit of experience makes a difference in the long-run.

~Craka_J

20. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I guess you could call it spam, but you obviously don't hold high regard for terrain. TKoK terrain is quite good (could use some work in spots) and I would be pretty pissed if they took out doodads so people could dl faster. I don't think they want to cater to noobs, they'd rather cater to more veteran players, and clan members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.