• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Subscribing to resource threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick post because we keep noticing something in resource threads.

Don't post "subscribing" just to subscribe to a resource thread! We know you aren't subscribed automatically if you're the uploader but there's another way to do that without making that post!

Just hit this handy link:

attachment.php

and you'll be subscribed to the thread! No posting necessary!

We'll be deleting any "subscribing" posts we see, so please use the "subscribe to this thread" link!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    17.9 KB · Views: 287,392
Level 19
Erm... I'm really sorry if I'm not allowed to ask this but, what does 'Subscribing To The Thread' actually do?

PS: You don't have to answer me if it's against the rules...

Level 22
I don't think of uploaders like Dentothor posting "Subscribzors" as creating a subscribtion more-so stating that he has subscribed to the thread \=, and it doesn't bother me at all, you all tend to blow things out of proportion quite often.

Now I am using The Subscribe Button to subscribe to this thread :p.

[Fixed]I have accidently quoted myself in an attempt to reply to Mishas statement in THIS post... And it says that it is an invalid post, and I must contact an administrator... Could one of you mods be a peach and delete it so I don't have to bother Ralle?[Fixed] Thank you.

@Misha: (The post below). Indeed I enjoy the silly "(>>Subscribz0rs<<)" posts every now and then... :p.

Last edited:
Level 45
I think you are forgetting the fact here Linaze, people dont NEED to know the user is subscribing to their own thread :/..

It's as useful as people saying "this is my icon/etc" :|...

Seriously... how is giving people the function to subscribe to their threads through an option/tool useless when compared to posting something quite obvious and unnecessary?

Level 24
People don't "need" to know, but I doubt the majority cares about "subscribing" being the first post. Besides, most resource authors who've been here for a while are used to their way of subscribing, and I don't see a single reason to mess with their routines.

Level 22
This is absolutely ridiculous...
.1 If you don't want someone to do something, you block it. You don't recommend they not do it the way they want and the way you desire, because aslong as it is still allowed people will continue doing it.
.2 People who say that it is irritating, annoying, or pointless are just attempting to find someone new to troll, or some new reason to start an arguement, because it is in their nature to start problems, AND YET THEY ARE NEVER PUNISHED. Trolling should be punishable by death.
.3 So long as people can do what they want how they want... Even under harsh criticism I encourage them to continue doing it.

@Tleno more specifically: Why do people use toaster ovens instead of regular ovens... Because it's a matter of preference, and their is nothing wrong with endulging in your own preferences. Unless of course you live in a communist government. Some people believe that using a toaster oven is more convenient... So maybe that's the case when typing "subscribing" rather than hitting the subscription button. There are a million and two reasons that there is nothing wrong with this course of action.

@Kimberly: The way you state it, posting "subscribing" is a bit silly, but once again it is a matter of preference.

If Ralle were uploading resources and placing "subscribing" as the first post nobody would say a goddamn word. Only out of fear, not respect, because none of you here have respect for fellow users.

This is absolutely ridiculous...
.1 If you don't want someone to do something, you block it. You don't recommend they not do it the way they want and the way you desire, because aslong as it is still allowed people will continue doing it.
.2 People who say that it is irritating, annoying, or pointless are just attempting to find someone new to troll, or some new reason to start an arguement, because it is in their nature to start problems, AND YET THEY ARE NEVER PUNISHED. Trolling should be punishable by death.
.3 So long as people can do what they want how they want... Even under harsh criticism I encourage them to continue doing it.

@Tleno more specifically: Why do people use toaster ovens instead of regular ovens... Because it's a matter of preference, and their is nothing wrong with endulging in your own preferences. Unless of course you live in a communist government. Some people believe that using a toaster oven is more convenient... So maybe that's the case when typing "subscribing" rather than hitting the subscription button. There are a million and two reasons that there is nothing wrong with this course of action.

@Kimberly: The way you state it, posting "subscribing" is a bit silly, but once again it is a matter of preference.

If Ralle were uploading resources and placing "subscribing" as the first post nobody would say a goddamn word. Only out of fear, not respect, because none of you here have respect for fellow users.
I agree!!11 :ugly:

Level 17
So, according to some people, i am now a troll just becouse i do not want to see "IMA POSTING THIS BUCUS I WANNA SUBSCIBE DIS!".
Well, obviously it is infact useless to do so. Why keep a bad routine when you can replace it with a better one, and do it the way you are suppost to.
"Subscribing" is by me concidered as spam as it is useless and serves no purpose, as you can just hit a button in order to subscribe.

I am not trolling, i am just saying how it is.
After all, it is people that wants to keep stupid and bad routines that call us trolls, and i do find that quite weird.

Imagine if you had the option to unsubscribe a thread by posting "unsubscribing". Would you choose to do it the normal way, by pushing a button insted of having to make a useless and annoying post, or would you seriously choose to make this useless post by saying "unsubscribing". If you choosed the second alternative, i would rather say that you are a troll and not myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.