• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Stupid question about copyrights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, first i have to admid that this site is the most greatest one i've ever seen... i started editing a fiew month ago and working on my rpg, i haven't found it in the FAQ and no contact mail eighter so i ask here (sry i know it's wrong place):
am i allowed to use icons skins skills ect... from this site in my map when i put a Special thx in the loadscreen?

Level 13
Yes, you are. Just credit (put thx to) the editors of the icons/spells/etc. BTW, it won't be so easy to add the spells, if you have questions, ask in the forums concerning to that. And, plz, first read the tutorials before you ask things that are already explained there. (although most guys don't care)

Level 5
Would you guys consider it ethical to just say THANKS TO THE PERSON WHO CREATED THE ________ SKIN, ICON, etc?

Level 14
in the quest menu, make a new quest and name it credits, for the description write the complete list of the uploaded contents. Title, author. its a smart way to thank the authors, without taking your loading screen. in the loading screen only write ''check Quest for complete credit list'' or something similar. most people don't check the quest section, but if the author sees one of its icon or skin, he will check it, and be happy beceause you didnt claimed these as your own. simply writing a credit section claims its not yours, and you love the author for his work.

of course..some people claims them as their own, that's rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.