• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stress = a big problem for us all?

Do you care about stress at all or you don't even feel it

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

We all confront the stress in our life. What's your weapon to counter it?

Level 14
Many ways to solve that:
- Stand in front of mirror, imagine something terrible.
- Try to hate yourself and everyone around you.
- Always think negative.
- Don't care about other people's opinion.
- Don't work out everyday and eat more.
- Do as San suggest: Harm yourself.

A big ass joke, of course.

Level 22
Lowering my expectations in everything.
If something isn't perfect then I'm ok with that. No need to be a perfectionist.

Listening to music or watching a movie also helps.

Level 8
A campaign of pure failure and discomfort in which you decidely do things you know you are terrible or you didn't tried and feared. Your gut will say "no don't do it", and you simply reverse it. Do this for 1 entire month each time you became ridiculous and too pain avoidant/pleasure seeking.
Start with meaningless things like ie. cold showers. The limit is not killing yourself while doing this ("Don't jump that edifice Jhon! -> Let's jump!").

You will then experience how your natural survival instinct conquers everything. Still, sometimes i became excesively assertive (as a contrary concept to perfectionism) and people would get mad at me; should be noted that i'm still a "tribe" values like person.

selfdestruct.png

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

by wielding the biggest dick of them all i am literally unable to be affected by stress

don't give too many shits about anything and you'll be good
Motivational

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Hence why I aim for minimal passing in almost everything so I can spend more time playing games as a form of escapism.
I wish I could think and feel like that....

Level 19
self harm
me too only I go for poison because there are no physical wounds and you might become immune to the poison and then after feel good because this means you are slightly super human

personally I find exercise fun and stress reducing, but when I have to do very demanding physical labour I just feel like breaking down and crying. all that exercise often means nothing because you can never endure long enough to feel good about yourself.

another form of stress reduction is sport. combat sports are my personal favourites. no where else is it perfectly acceptable to knock someone's brains out and for the crowd to cheer. Combative sword fighting was my jam! you hit someone in the head with a bamboo stick and they have to say, 'good match thank you for teaching me'

lol sometimes they ask for more ^-^

another stress reducer is doing some activity that is a little dangerous. I used to do a little road racing (on a bicycle) riding 40kms on the highway was both fun and super dangerous.

hmm what else....

I guess the point is to do activities that allow you to abuse others and attempt suicide.... without anyone realising it

Last edited:
Level 10
Depends whats making you stressed out

If its friend/partner related, you can both talk about it and remove whats causing stress

If its school/uni related. Talk to your tutors, they are there to help you. Don't give them attitude tho

If its work related. You're probably in the wrong work space, you will never enjoy your job if it stresses you out.

Level 20
Stop overthinking/overanalyzing
Be social
Workout
Do things you enjoy in general

It still creeps on me from time to time but its not a major hinderanc like it used to be.

Level 11
My family and hobbies for the most part.

Hobbies mostly include drawing or painting stuff, playing games occasionally (DooM can be a nice option :D), reading, and/or watching YT vids.

Another very important thing to consider is that, whatever stresses you (outside home), you make sure it stays there.

Don't bring work at home; rationalize your time during your shift, stay a bit of overtime if you think you must and can handle it, but when you leave that place you leave your worries there until the next shift starts.

Problems arise, challenges appear, people machinations unfold, you just conquer each one of them.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Is not a music thread. Deepstrasz, I would like you to simply stop posting or replying to anything I comment here or post.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I meant I want you to do the same I am supposed to do for your posts.
Then stop replying to this thread.

increase things that you enjoy doing

inhale 4 secs
wait 2 secs
exhale 6 - 8 secs.

Hit someone on the nose, preferabily someone you don't like too much
then run for de-estress
The part with "hit someone in the nose" is the best

Status
Not open for further replies.