• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Story & Lore Mini-Contests ~ Reincarnation of a Dead Soldier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Oookay, my initial 'OHMYGODGUILDWARS2ISLIKETHESAVIOURTHATWILLLEADUSTOTHEPROMISED(virtual)LANDINEEDTOFARMMORECOPPERORE' craze is almost over. Resuming judging at regular speed.
Apologies for the delay, but when a game you've been waiting for has been five years in development it's release is a pretty gosh darn amazing thing.

Level 17
Yey also

"Judge faster"
Remember the times when Judging usually lasted longer that the actual contest. Sometimes even a few months.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Oookay, my initial 'OHMYGODGUILDWARS2ISLIKETHESAVIOURTHATWILLLEADUSTOTHEPROMISED(virtual)LANDINEEDTOFARMMORECOPPERORE' craze is almost over. Resuming judging at regular speed.
Apologies for the delay, but when a game you've been waiting for has been five years in development it's release is a pretty gosh darn amazing thing.

I know what you mean, I've been waiting for HL3 for around 4 years now :)

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

At the rate he's doing it, I think they will be out before the end of the Xel'Naga games :)

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

@Allain55X:

You should never underestimate yourself. A poem is not necessarily better than a story. It all depends on the idea you have and how you depict everything. Never give up mate :)

Level 3
Okay, as Dragonson mentioned, he is the appointed judge, so thank you a lot!

There are entries that were labelled as WiP or Second WiP, but I haven't seen more news of their authors posted. Authors' names will be listed below. If you think that despite being a WiP, your entry should still be judged, please, state it with a reply.

• Arcisal
  • lateris
  • AyeKantSpel
  • Leeroy
  • Allain55X
  • Levdragon

SkyGreen had showed a WiP, but voluntarily dropped out.
The Panda's story is too short for a WiP and therefore looks too incomplete, but feel free to reply as well.

People of the list above will also be contacted privately.

Entries to be judged are as follows:
Thank you everyone for your participation, this is a considerable amount of contestants and it's great to see you active :)

Oh, yes, sorry, I was kind of busy. Well, since I couldn't finish my entry in time(only managed to get 2/3 of it written) I guess I didn't make it in time. Sorry, I really tried, but there were some unexpected events that consumed most of my time. Good luck to the contestants!

No, my WiP shouldn't be considered an entry, it's only the beginning paragraph of the story. Though thanks for asking.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

How's the judging going? May we get an update ? :)

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

The suspense is killing me :D. Fingers crossed and congratulations to the winner in advance!

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Just a little more, they should be out today/tomorrow ^^

Level 27
Currently in the process of finishing the judgings, and making sure that i've gotten my points through right (tho chances are there's still gonna' be stuff i could've done better).

Most probably i'll send them Pharaoh's way for processing later today.
And... I'ma be blunt with you guys: Some of you might be in for a rough surprise when it comes to your scores.

Level 17
To your last part. I am expecting a score way below 30%. :D It was poorly written. Very bad concept. No continuity, with lack of thought put into the actual excerpt that was being written. Maybe it would get at least 50% if was at least written properly, instead of this piss poor writing. xD Also the poem was complete ass crap

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I bet my money on PV, if he doesn't win, I don't know who will.

Level 11
To your last part. I am expecting a score way below 30%. :D It was poorly written. Very bad concept. No continuity, with lack of thought put into the actual excerpt that was being written. Maybe it would get at least 50% if was at least written properly, instead of this piss poor writing. xD Also the poem was complete ass crap

you are talking about me right?

Edit: and if you are talking to me, or to anyone as a matter of fact, who in gods name would want your opinion I want the judges opinion not your crappy-ass coments, if I wanted a dumb pony's advice i would have asked or who-ever would have asked for it.

Another Edit: Wait a minute I did not have a poem, but I guess your still talking about me.

Level 17
you are talking about me right?

Edit: and if you are talking to me, or to anyone as a matter of fact, who in gods name would want your opinion I want the judges opinion not your crappy-ass coments, if I wanted a dumb pony's advice i would have asked or who-ever would have asked for it.

Another Edit: Wait a minute I did not have a poem, but I guess your still talking about me.

No i was referring back to dragonson's post hence "I expect" .... For my own results

Why the HHHHHHHHH would i be referring to you. Stop being so insecure -.-:goblin_boom:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Hehe, thanks mate ^-^ yeah Well I'm not trying to seem modest or anything, but This is "short-story contest" so, I really don't know :pP

As people already said, your poem is "epic". Hell, they even compared it to Beowulf/Dante's Inferno, which, in my eyes, is a big compliment.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Not yet ^^, now we are waiting for Pharaoh to post them.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

15:29 here :). It's the Final Countdown!

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Only a couple of hourse are left till "the moment of truth" :D

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

The deadline's passed, when will pharaoh post the results?

Status
Not open for further replies.