• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Story behind the Name..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Frank Zappa
Pygmy Twylyte

Green hocker croakin'
In the Pygmy Twylyte

Crankin' an' a-coke'n
In the Winchell's do-nut Midnite

Out of his deep on a 'fore day run
Hurtin' for sleep in the Quaalude Moonlight

Green hocker in a Greyhound locker
Smokin' in the Pygmy Twylyte

Joined the bus on the 33rd seat
By the doo-doo room with the reek replete

Crystal eye, crystal eye
Got a crystal kidney & he's fraid to die
In the Pygmy Twylyte
Downer midnite
Pygmy Twylyte
Downer midnite
Pygmy Twylyte
Downer midnite
Pygmy Twylyte
Downer midnite

Just an awesome song from my favorite artist. (and the song isn't about what you might think it is...). Also, Greene is my last name.

Level 22
Lol, i thought GIANT_CRAB's name was from a mission in Monster hunter freedom unite called 'The Giant Enemy Crab' lol.
Mine? When i was 4 or 5 i played Lego Island 2 (good old ps1 game) and the main character's name is Pepper (But i think Pepper would be silly, so i killed one 'p').
I have used it for my aliases everywhere. Lol.

Level 3
"LucasMapurunga" is part of my name... when I created Hive's account I was out of ideas ... but then I just use the same process in Garena and Battle.Net, so...

But my nickname is "Tutch". It comes from old Call of Duty 2 lan playing... good times.

Level 18
Goffterdom...
It comes from "Lanfeust" a comic book. There's a Troll in it, when he's angry or mad or when something suprising happen he just says "GOTTFERDOM".

I miss recalled the double "T" and thought it was double "F" then "T". So here's come my nick.

Level 25
loved Snoopy when he became the famous "Joe cool" in some episodes. he was jazzy cool.
Started calling myself "Joe Cool"
Everyone though I was refering to myself as cool so decided to make a small change
heard the name Joe black by mistake
loved it as an alternative
went to create a Hotmail account, Joeblack Joe_black Joe_black_1 ---> Joe_black_5
did not work for me, tried Joe-black-5, and voila I got my internet/gaming name.

Level 6
Back in the 90's I used to stay at a friends house to escape the eternal conflict that was my parents marriage. I ended up staying there so much that I had a permanent toothbrush. To keep his mom from junking it he wrote my name on it. He was going through this bizarre phase where he would say peoples full name in conversation but if he didn't know your middle name he just made it up on the spot. So he wrote some random letters and trig functions between my first and last name in parenthesis. It was a red toothbrush, transparent and firm bristled. I miss those days. Life got really complicated since then. No hiding places anymore.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
loved Snoopy when he became the famous "Joe cool" in some episodes. he was jazzy cool.
Started calling myself "Joe Cool"
Everyone though I was refering to myself as cool so decided to make a small change
heard the name Joe black by mistake
loved it as an alternative
went to create a Hotmail account, Joeblack Joe_black Joe_black_1 ---> Joe_black_5
did not work for me, tried Joe-black-5, and voila I got my internet/gaming name.
Works for me, everybody knows I'm cool :3

I had been using weird names like nukular and other stupid things like that for a while for some quick things before I had been playing actual online games for a while, until I got warcraft 3.

The nick name "wherewolf" just sort of came to me one day, idk why really but I liked it as a pun and it's only 1 letter off from the original. So I used that on bnet for a while. Well it was cool and made some people laugh but there was 1 problem, there was always this 1 guy who'd be like "You spelled it wrong," "it's spelled werewolf," "typo?," "etc. etc. etc." I had the guy who got the original "werewolf" name for that time tell me I spelled it wrong. So when I finally decided to join this site after using models from it for a while I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have to deal with more people doubting my intelligence/not getting the joke - so I added on the "therewolf" to the end of it, if anything I like the name "WherewolfTherewolf" better because, well 1: it's never taken on forums, 2: it's both the question and the answer, 3: it communicates the pun even more effectively.

Also if I'm using something that allows me to change the name, I'll often switch it around with different variations: "WhenwolfThenwolf," "WhywolfBecausewolf," etc. etc. - it essentially sets itself up for that sort of thing.

Apparently there was some joke on the movie "Young Frankenstein" that had the pun in it, I've never even seen the movie so no that's not where I got it.

Also I've found from a google search that there's an indie jazz band that uses the name, aside from that few other people use the same name (I'm still pissed there's a name sitter on DA with the exact name...... that barely used the account).

Used it a long time ago in some random game.
If I could change it, it wouldn't be the same.

What would you go with instead? I think Pyritie's sig advertises name altercations are free if you ask him

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
I had been using weird names like nukular and other stupid things like that for a while for some quick things before I had been playing actual online games for a while, until I got warcraft 3.

The nick name "wherewolf" just sort of came to me one day, idk why really but I liked it as a pun and it's only 1 letter off from the original. So I used that on bnet for a while. Well it was cool and made some people laugh but there was 1 problem, there was always this 1 guy who'd be like "You spelled it wrong," "it's spelled werewolf," "typo?," "etc. etc. etc." I had the guy who got the original "werewolf" name for that time tell me I spelled it wrong. So when I finally decided to join this site after using models from it for a while I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have to deal with more people doubting my intelligence/not getting the joke - so I added on the "therewolf" to the end of it, if anything I like the name "WherewolfTherewolf" better because, well 1: it's never taken on forums, 2: it's both the question and the answer, 3: it communicates the pun even more effectively.

Also if I'm using something that allows me to change the name, I'll often switch it around with different variations: "WhenwolfThenwolf," "WhywolfBecausewolf," etc. etc. - it essentially sets itself up for that sort of thing.

Apparently there was some joke on the movie "Young Frankenstein" that had the pun in it, I've never even seen the movie so no that's not where I got it.

Also I've found from a google search that there's an indie jazz band that uses the name, aside from that few other people use the same name (I'm still pissed there's a name sitter on DA with the exact name...... that barely used the account).

What would you go with instead? I think Pyritie's sig advertises name altercations are free if you ask him

You just made my day xDD

Level 18
I should have checked my username for other uses since it was supposed to be a reference to Billy the Kid, but ended up being an already used name for a French comic book character and that's what new people seem to mistake it with. Dx
I'm using raccoon for other sites and games now because I like the characteristics associated with the animal, can be sure it's not used for something I didn't know of yet and because the word in my opinion looks pretty and rounded.

Level 8
I should have checked my username for other uses since it was supposed to be a reference to Billy the Kid, but ended up being an already used name for a French comic book character and that's what new people seem to mistake it with. Dx
I'm using raccoon for other sites and games now because I like the characteristics associated with the animal, can be sure it's not used for something I didn't know of yet and because the word in my opinion looks pretty and rounded.

Your avatar reminds me of the old cartoon rocky and bullwinkle. You probably never herd of it but had a cute little squirrel in it :)

Level 18
Your avatar reminds me of the old cartoon rocky and bullwinkle. You probably never herd of it but had a cute little squirrel in it :)

It's Perry the Platypus (and thus doesn't really fir in with my username) from Phineas and Ferb (a show I don't really know well, but I like the character design). I googled Rocky and Bullwinkle and I got to say that I had to check if they had the same character designer since the styles do look very much alike. :p

Level 18
I was trying to remember the little guy's name I think he was rocky?

According to wikipedia the name is Rocky the Flying Squirrel, although lets not turn this into a discussion about cartoon characters (however they did apparently also make a Billy the Cat cartoon based on the comic that my name is not based on). :3

Level 6
Hmmm I have been asked for the story behind my name many many times.
And everytime I am asked, I just come up with some lie to save me time.
Well, I guess since I only have to say it once here. Here is the full, long, truth.

Well, it all began about 8 years ago, back in a small desert tribal village of a people who called themselves "Ven'thra". I was just a mere girl back then. But then again, I still am. We were a happy people. Care free and inbred as there were only about 12 of us in the whole village. Anyways, one morning, when I awoke, I had a strange feeling. A calling is more like it. I had a calling to leave. To leave this village. To leave all my family behind. It was a strange feeling, but nevertheless powerful. And the next night, once everybody had fallen asleep. I began my journey.

Before I had taken so much as 20 steps from the place, I saw something out in the distance. "BANDITS!" I screamed.

I woke the villagers and we put up our defenses, luckily I could see very far and we had about 5 minutes to prepare. We slaughtered them whilst only sustaining 3 casualties. Although that was still 25% of us, we were happy to be triumphant. I was given the nickname "Seer". Because had I not of been out that night to see them, we would've been mercilessly killed. However the feeling persisted within me, and I had to leave. I told my fellow villagers, and I was on my way.

For months I wandered that barren desert. Eating nothing but feces and drinking nothing but water, condensed from my ever dwindling self supply of urine. It was not a good few months. Eventually however, I made it to Cairo. It was a magnificent city. But I felt like going to Germany and hopped on a cargo plane to Antwerp. This is where I meant a lovable fellow named ap0calypse.

ap0calypse and I bonded very quickly, although I despised his accent. He always pronounced "seer" as a "C" sound. It made me sick at first, but then I got used to it. And I just went by the nickname of "c". Eventually though I had a longing. A longing for video games.

I soon became a regional chess champion. Because chess is seen as a video game to those silly germans. Oh well.

I quickly made a name for myself. When people there talked about me, they would always say "There goes C, the chess tournament winner." And I won many tournaments. However, another strange thing the germans do is pronounce 'Winner' as 'weener'. I found it quite humorous. I loved the german people, but soon I had to leave there too. For the same reason I had left my people in Egypt. Because the feeling returned.

This time I went London. Here I met this very strange man who only walked on his hands. We also became friends, and he helped fill the void left by me needing to leave apcalypse. I missed him so so so much. But this new man named "Gregory Ashton Yeltz", or "Gay" as I called him. He was so funny, and charming, and he swept me off my feet. We fell in love, married, and had 44 1/2 kids. Then I divorced him for half his money because he was rich and I was addicted to cocaine which caused me to burn through any money I made.

Needing to leave I found myself on a plane. This plane was actually a hallucination from cocaine overdose, and I was in a rehab clinic for 7 months. Where I was rehabilitated.

When I was rehabilitated, I really left. I'm pretty sure...

This time I left for Dallas Texas in the USA. Upon my first day of arriving, I was asked for my "Name" and I didn't remember, as it had been so long since I was called my name.
I thought long and hard, and eventually the person who asked me just walked away in confusion at my silence, but I continued to think. I wanted to retain my title from Egypt of "seer" but I also wanted to be remembered for my success in the ways of chess in Germany.

I came up with "SeerWinner" but I just didn't like it. It didn't have that ring that nicknames should have.
I remembered the humorous German accents and Boom! It came to me.
I yelled out in the middle of the hallway "Cweener".

Of course every guy within earshot checked their zipper, but nonetheless, Cweener was born.

Last edited:
Level 23
People always think my name is perverted or something.

When I joined hive, I had no intention, to join the community.
I just wanted to make icons. So I wanted a name that took distance from personality.
Therefor, I picked the name "enjoy" as in "enjoy my work". A word rather than a name.

Level 21
I like Warcraft and the Horde so I'm a Death Knight Fan as well from the Second War, the WoW Death Knight got messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.