• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Story behind the Name..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 48
Let me tell you a story about a kid, and his Runescape...
Once upon a time, there was a kid. He was a very foolish, young kid, who often got really tired of his boring little life. He was a young kid, mind you, with no thoughts of suicide. So what he did instead is do what every retarded kid does; Search for random games in Google. Eventually that kid stumbled into a peculiar looking website; It was called... RuneScape.com. It was as though as the website was... Inviting him, with that big, yellow button labeled "CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP IT'S FREE JOIN TODAY" that took up half the screen... So that kid, already hooked up by all the pretty images of walls and yellow paper, decided to try the game out. As he clicked the big yellow button, he stumbled upon a very interesting field - it said something along the lines of "Username". For hours the kid tried to figure out what it's meaning, until he decided he'll just write a random word in it and go on with the exciting progress of writing stuff. The word he came up with was - "Debode". Since the kid was so excited about the game, he began to fantasize about it, about the epic elves and dragons he will meet on his journey, and in his imagination, he thought of a mighty Elven prince, slayer of dragons, by the name of "Debode". He played the game for many happy years until he grew up into a less retarded young kid, and realized he was playing a pile of garbage. From there the name "Debode" followed him as a mere memory, but a memory that will last forever...

Yeah, and, on other places I am known as "Deolrin", because that's my second RuneScape account ever, after some guy I trusted changed my old account's password with no way to go back. Inside my then kid-like imagination, Deolrin is the son of Debode, as in, his successor as King of the Elves.

Level 36
My name originally comes from my favorite character in a game, and in history, called Keiji Maeda. The game is Samurai Warriors, for those wondering about that. Other than that I am also known to some communities as simply "Ce" which is a shortage of the name Sun Ce, which in turn also is a character in both a game and in history, one I would have to say I can both relate to and like more, and that game is called Dynasty Warriors.

At times I find myself wanting to change my overall internet name to "Ceji" to mix up my two already existing aliases, simply to make life on the network simpler ;) - Though I never find myself willing to go through the hassle of getting it changed, so meh...

Hmmm I have been asked for the story behind my name many many times.
And everytime I am asked, I just come up with some lie to save me time.
Well, I guess since I only have to say it once here. Here is the full, long, truth.

Well, it all began about 8 years ago, back in a small desert tribal village of a people who called themselves "Ven'thra". I was just a mere girl back then. But then again, I still am. We were a happy people. Care free and inbred as there were only about 12 of us in the whole village. Anyways, one morning, when I awoke, I had a strange feeling. A calling is more like it. I had a calling to leave. To leave this village. To leave all my family behind. It was a strange feeling, but nevertheless powerful. And the next night, once everybody had fallen asleep. I began my journey.

Before I had taken so much as 20 steps from the place, I saw something out in the distance. "BANDITS!" I screamed.

I woke the villagers and we put up our defenses, luckily I could see very far and we had about 5 minutes to prepare. We slaughtered them whilst only sustaining 3 casualties. Although that was still 25% of us, we were happy to be triumphant. I was given the nickname "Seer". Because had I not of been out that night to see them, we would've been mercilessly killed. However the feeling persisted within me, and I had to leave. I told my fellow villagers, and I was on my way.

For months I wandered that barren desert. Eating nothing but feces and drinking nothing but water, condensed from my ever dwindling self supply of urine. It was not a good few months. Eventually however, I made it to Cairo. It was a magnificent city. But I felt like going to Germany and hopped on a cargo plane to Antwerp. This is where I meant a lovable fellow named ap0calypse.

ap0calypse and I bonded very quickly, although I despised his accent. He always pronounced "seer" as a "C" sound. It made me sick at first, but then I got used to it. And I just went by the nickname of "c". Eventually though I had a longing. A longing for video games.

I soon became a regional chess champion. Because chess is seen as a video game to those silly germans. Oh well.

I quickly made a name for myself. When people there talked about me, they would always say "There goes C, the chess tournament winner." And I won many tournaments. However, another strange thing the germans do is pronounce 'Winner' as 'weener'. I found it quite humorous. I loved the german people, but soon I had to leave there too. For the same reason I had left my people in Egypt. Because the feeling returned.

This time I went London. Here I met this very strange man who only walked on his hands. We also became friends, and he helped fill the void left by me needing to leave apcalypse. I missed him so so so much. But this new man named "Gregory Ashton Yeltz", or "Gay" as I called him. He was so funny, and charming, and he swept me off my feet. We fell in love, married, and had 44 1/2 kids. Then I divorced him for half his money because he was rich and I was addicted to cocaine which caused me to burn through any money I made.

Needing to leave I found myself on a plane. This plane was actually a hallucination from cocaine overdose, and I was in a rehab clinic for 7 months. Where I was rehabilitated.

When I was rehabilitated, I really left. I'm pretty sure...

This time I left for Dallas Texas in the USA. Upon my first day of arriving, I was asked for my "Name" and I didn't remember, as it had been so long since I was called my name.
I thought long and hard, and eventually the person who asked me just walked away in confusion at my silence, but I continued to think. I wanted to retain my title from Egypt of "seer" but I also wanted to be remembered for my success in the ways of chess in Germany.

I came up with "SeerWinner" but I just didn't like it. It didn't have that ring that nicknames should have.
I remembered the humorous German accents and Boom! It came to me.
I yelled out in the middle of the hallway "Cweener".

Of course every guy within earshot checked their zipper, but nonetheless, Cweener was born.

I'm still wondering if this is really true?
44 1/2 kids... o_O

Level 6
Jargalhurts is my first name. i originally considered naming my account Hurstandayev because that's what my brother-in-law calls me all the time. I named my account with my first name because i thought no one would ask me why i named this account 'Jargalhurts'. I go by this name in Twitter, Facebook, Yahoo and Hive.

Level 3
Facade is like an illusion, i choose this because im not that active and i work slowly. ;D

Level 3
LOTR lore (from the book "The book of lost tales part 1").

When the Valar (the "Gods") lift up the moon to the sky there was an elf left on it and he became the man in the moon. His name was Uole Kuvion. I thought it was a cool and unique name and now it's my user name not only here but also on thehelper.net, sweclockers.com and Starcraft 2.

Level 25
I've had this nickname since 4th grade or so. I had just moved to a new school, and there was already a person there with the same name as myself in my new class, so I took the three first initials of my name, and placed a 2 in the end of it, to show I was the second with that name. Not a very fascinating name, but handy and easy to remember. :)

Level 25
Been using the name "Arowanna" for a very long time now.
I began using it in games such as Nox, Soldier of Fortune and some others and have always been asked why I choose such a "girlish" name... Well... The name originates from a couple of speakers and a fish, both called Arowana.
The speakers are random, they stood next to me when I was looking for a Username and I've always loved arowanas and betta splendens so I thought Arowana would be fitting, but I wanted to change it somehow.
After a while I guess I just added a 'N' and I've used it ever since.

The '92 was just added because Arowanna was taken (or something) and it indicates my age.

Level 20
I really don't know why I started using Super-sheep... It had something to do with the flying sheep in Warcraft 3 and yes I promise that it has nothing to do with Super Sheep from Worms even thought I am familiar with that game. Later on my nick has transformed into Super, but because it was too... Stupid, it got changed to Supa/Supah but I am still Super-sheep in these forums and in Warcraft 3 but many people just call me Super/Supa. >.>

Level 15
Well, I originally had the name LockPick online, since Diablo 1, can't remember where I got that from, but I have always had an aversion to shit like "Xx*name*xX" or anything containing "69" or "420". So I just chose something unique and different.

I had it on Wc3 for a time, till it was banned when I accidentally left a namespoofer on in ladder.

After that I switched to what I was using on Xbox Live at the time, MonkeysInSpace, been using that for Wc3 ever since

However, on Hive I went for something different for some stupid reason I can't remember, LockPick had already been taken, so I went with this.

Level 22
@Ganondorf
Ganondorf - Legend of Zelda

I got this nickname because I always got punched in the nuts and I would always spin before I fell flat on the ground. Chobibo is a filipino term for carousel. And, I'm lying because that story sounded cool.

Because life is a never ending cycle, and riding the carousel is fucking boring, I decided to use the nickname chobibo. The word itself mirrors my daily life; everyday I do the same thing, over and over again, I thought to myself "what the fuck am I doing! I'm gonna start doing random things from now on!" That's when everything started to go downhill, but that's another story. And so the name was used as a reminder not to go back to the old boring ways, and to never forget to check the Use Random Seed option in the world editor.

Level 14
Here's my story:

10yi783.jpg

Let me guess: I'm breaking rules here?

b.t.w. think about this: If smiling is making you live a longer life, then doesn't this stuff grant you a really long and healthy life? :)
tabacco is the stuff that kills you, this just makes you happy and doesn't give medical problems. My advice: smoke pure ^^

Level 7
Cause i was big fan of LOTR when i was younger, i read lot of books about LOTR, one called " A-Z of Tolkien" ( a must have from LOTR fan). Its like an Tolkien encyclopedia, where you can find almost everything about the characters, places, plant etc.

So there i found an Inforation about my favotire person - Gandalf. There was written, that he had many names and one of them was Olorin. I liked that name, so thats the story about Olorin name.

"The" comes from english rules about "the", where 1 option to use "the" is, when thing is unique. So I have always made jokes about that I have huge ego, so i thoughed "why not use "the" to make me look unique?" ( :ogre_haosis: )

So thats my story.

Level 16
If you know....my user name came from this site 'lord hyperion'....it means....uh....i dunno? do u know the meaning of my name???

if i were to be asked... Hyperion is the father of helios, god of sun
(not to be condused with Apollo since he's the god of light)
Hyperion is a Titan with Oceanus, Tethys,Rhea,Mnemosyne,Themis,Crius,Cronus,Pheobe and Gaia
(missed something?)
They fought the Olympians and lost... he didn't die, but he took a lower place.
dunno where he went...
- I Thank Mythological Times by Edith Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.