• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Story behind the Name..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
TheWarchief because Thrall is my favourite warcraft character and then i thought "Thrall" would be a little to literal so it became "TheWarchief"

Level 8
I never knew reading the reasons of a fun username, could be more fun:) haha..

Well, i got my username from my real First name (Dawn). I play in a Christian band called UnderWhiteLight, members are called Whitelighters (for fun), hence my Username :)

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I've refered to myself as fladdermasken for ages and ages past. Not a word that makes sense, mostly just two swedish words not related in any way, combined.
  • Fladder translates flutter or levity. I was refering to flutter.
  • Mask translates worm, maggot or mesh. En in masken is simply a swedish conjugation that implies that the entity is presupposed. So basically, THE worm.
Quite hard to translate, and it makes absolutely no sense in swedish either.

When I was playing some online game (forgot if it is Ran or Ragnarok) when I saw that my username has changed to supertoinkz ( I usually use "Remember username/passwords" stuff; my account was Gwafu). So I thought my biggah brotha change my name and I leveled it up. He then caught me when I was playing with 'supertoinkz' account. I learned that it's his alt account.

And I thought supertoinkz is a weird/cool name.

Level 13
Tyranid, mostly because I was crazy about the race back when I made this account.

Todays I mostly use Shubop thought, which came from a Rammstein song. I was searching for lyrics for their songs, and found one site. In one song there is a point where the singer is basically just saying bop-bop-shu-bop, and that's where I got it.

Level 10
hmmm lemme see. neku99 a.k.a. Neku99 was the very first username i actually had the longest. Might have been 2 3 years ago when I made this. Neku99 came from the character in the Square Enix game "The World Ends With You". I thought neku was so cool so I used it and it was awesome. Although I have tons of aliases, like Genova(really old don't use it) Roseheart, Zenotha, Emrym, forgot the rest.

Level 12
Coolty was my 2nd runescape screen name from about 6 years ago, and matched my friends, who also used "cool" and a few letters from their name. The 44 was added because Coolty was taken.

My Gaming name, Hackedshot44, came after playing a few rounds of COD W@W against my friend. I'd get a lot of sniper kills and most would be cross-map snipes, eventually leading to him telling me I "Hacked my shots", adding 44 because it kinda became my number after awhile.

I have twoo ther aliases, they're called poopla913 and ratchetvivar. I use poopla913 in RuneScape. ratchetvivar is derived from Ratchet and Clank whilst Vivar is my last name. I just thought indomitable1319 was cooler.

Indomitable was taken off Wakka from Final Fantasy 10's hard-to-get weapon. It was truly powerful, hence the name Indomitable. My brother and I were playing Adventure Quest Worlds when he said:
'Hey, let's use something else other than ratchetvivar. Want to use Wakka's ultimate weapon, Indomitable?'
So I said yes, then poof.

1319 came from my brother when we were creating an account for Garena. I asked,
'Why 1319?'
'So it's easy to remember. Look at the NumPad. The three corners.'

And there. Indomitable1319 was born.

Level 7
Hm... Icedrake is what I go by everywhere else, so I used it here too.

Ice = I like the element of ice/snow/water etc.

Drake = Dragons are pretty cool.

Level 10
I had to come up with a user name several years ago for something, and I looked around myself. There was a pack of sugar on my desk right next to the monitor, so I just took the name on it as my username.
It's Danish and literally means chopped sugar, but I guess it would be better to call it refined than chopped. I don't know. Feel free to correct me, I've been wondering how to translate it. Basically just normal sugar, not in dice.

Level 17
I've always loved space and craftsmanship, but it would be stupid to call myself Starcraft.
So hence Skycraft.

Level 35
My original name was zombie2279 and it was something random I came up with since I needed to register at a South Park site to stream episodes back around 2006. I still use it to register at random sites where I'm not planning to stay, THW was one of those. I regged to be able to comment on something and post a silly request.

Anyway, I was a huge Doom RPG fan back then, which was a mobile phone game. There was a passcode in it which unlocked a storage where you could buy all the game's items at a discount price, the passcode was 2279. I can't recall how I went with zombie, I think it was because of HL: Paranoia, where I was amazed by the awesomeness of zombies.

I arranged a rename because my old username was stupid, but I still wanted people to recognize me so I stayed with Zombie.

Status
Not open for further replies.