• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

storm crow for special units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
When I give a Naga Myrmidon model the storm crow ability, the unit plays a burrow animation and goes invisible.

all attachments on the unit can still be seen, and the selection still says its in the air, but the only way to see the model itself is if you command it to move somewhere - otherwise it goes back to being invisable

Anybody know how to make it work correctly?

edit: i think this may have something to do with the regular model having an animation for the submerge ability

Level 4
I think the problem is with the height, if i were you i would just make it on a different model.

Level 12
Storm crow morph uses the alternate animations of the unit.

The alternate animation of naga is burrow. Tough luck.

Level 4
You could use the Metamorphosis Ability or something like it, change it from a hero ability to a unit ability and change the alternate form from whatever to Storm Crow model
sorry that wasnt very detailed but u could figure it out... if metamorphosis doesnt work try something else like Avatar etc.

Level 12
You could use the Metamorphosis Ability or something like it, change it from a hero ability to a unit ability and change the alternate form from whatever to Storm Crow model
sorry that wasnt very detailed but u could figure it out... if metamorphosis doesnt work try something else like Avatar etc.

They all use alternate animations to work.

If you don't know what you're talking about- it's better not to post help.

Level 4
metamorphosis has the choice to select which unit it turns into (its called Data - Alternate Form Unit) so why not follow your own advice and if you dont know what you're talking about, dont post, and my advice if your gonna insult someone about something, find out if your correct first... Burned

Level 12
metamorphosis has the choice to select which unit it turns into (its called Data - Alternate Form Unit) so why not follow your own advice and if you dont know what you're talking about, dont post, and my advice if your gonna insult someone about something, find out if your correct first... Burned

Have you tried changing the target form?

It crashes wc3. Like I said, if you don't know what you're talking about- it's better not to.

Level 4
Vega something is obviously wrong with ur WCIII if it causes your game to crash cause ive done it hundreds of times, dont correct me, i do my research before i say anything so get a better computer and stop trying to correct what was never correct in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.