• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Having trouble with Storm Crow Form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I have two flying units based on the gyrocopter(one is high in the air and the other is low at the ground). They both have a custom helicopter model. I then made ONE ability based on the "Storm Crow Form" ability. I changed the normal and alternate form to what I want. I gave the ability to both my units. When I use the ability in game my "helicopter" doesn't land down. I assume it stays in the air either changing form or staying the way it is. The helicopter starts off in the air. I tried doing it with medivhs crow farm and it didn't work either.

+rep to anyone who can help. Thank you.

Level 13
I have done this before with heros and it does land, but the hero is in fact a land unit, do you have the 2nd unit that looks low to the ground still classified as a flying unit with low height? if so that might be why.

Level 6
Does it work with the ground unit? So that when you click it flies up and then down?

If it does, you could just make them all ground units and make a trigger that runs after 0.01 sec and order the helicopters to use the ability.

Level 6
Meh, tested it myself and it's working fine as long as both units are set to fly and they have the same ability.

Level 33
I've uploaded test map
If you have any question regarding the map, please do so ;D

EDIT:
The unit doesn't have to have an alternate form
It uses the same form, only animation (height) and its classification to Ground Unit and vice versa

Attachments

• Gyrocopter Fly and Land.w3x
    13 KB · Views: 74
None of them are ground units. The only thing I changed about the units was their height. One's height was zero and the other I think was above the limit(I need to have it high).
Edit: Sigh nothing works. I want to keep it simple without using triggers. Here's my map. I hope you guys can fix this.

Attachments

911.4 KB · Views: 70
Level 29
None of them are ground units. The only thing I changed about the units was their height. One's height was zero and the other I think was above the limit(I need to have it high).
Edit: Sigh nothing works. I want to keep it simple without using triggers. Here's my map. I hope you guys can fix this.

I told you already you dont need the crow form...heres the fixed map...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.