• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stop moving darn camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So im trying to make a 2d game. I got the camera angel and everything down and in game it's fine AT FIRST. Then when i scroll on my mouse it just goes back to normal game camera. Anyone have an idea how to fix this? thanks

Instead of applying the camera, just lock the values you want to lock. In this case, it would be angle of attack for the camera.

So create the periodic trigger as TwoVenomous showed except put "Camera - Set Camera Field (Timed)" instead. (set the angle of attack to your value over 0 seconds)

I don't remember if the scrolling changes distance. If it does, then lock that too. Lock whatever it changes (except for the x/y position) and then you can still move the camera regularly.

• Camera settlement
  • Events
  • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Camera - Set Angle of Attack to [your value] over 0 seconds
  • Camera - Set Distance to [your value] over 0 seconds
You could learn more about Angle of Attack and Distance by experimenting on cameras.
As PurgeandFire111 said, the action is Camera- Set Camera Field.

Level 6
thank you both very much
edit: it's still NOT working..... it still makes it so when i use the mouse scroller it changers camera view to normal view
edit 2: NVM it works i forgot to change the time to perodic event. But now when i scroll the wheel on the mouse it makes it so the camera view is below ground level

Status
Not open for further replies.