• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stone of Arynth -Help Needed-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello All. Figured i'd post around a bit and hopefully get some help, let me explain:

I've been working on a campaign by myself for the last four months. The Story is called 'The Stone of Arynth'.

Story takes place as a young man whose blood line runs back to that of a man named Thain Adorn, the Dragon Lord from the old ages. The Young man, Jeff Alkore, learns of his powers, and finds his destiny is sealed to stop the evil Dragon Lord Baldure, who was defeated ages ago but has been reborn. Jeff must travel the world, gaining allies and making enemies along the way such as Azgoth, the Dragon Warlord and Bukuma, one of Baldures servants.

I wrote this story a long time ago, and when I found it, I figured the best way to get my ideas as a writer out, would be to make it playable. The only problem with this is: I cannot do everything alone.

The story will have quests, not just your simple beat player two to win or get from point a to point b campaign. The Campaign will have a story behind it, one that will let you gain an in depth view from the characters lives. The Cammpaign will probably be in parts, part one, part two, ect.

Many Custom Units: None made by myself so far, but credit is given to EACH author of the models I've used and skins. Thank You all.

Unique Spells- Again I have made none, credit is awarded to each creator.

What were looking for at this moment-

Terrainers- Doesn't have to be awe inspiring, but is easy on the eyes, cities and woods.

Triggers- Includes Cinematic and Basic trigger functions such as Quests and such.

Spell and Unit Modifier- Anyone who can make spells or can help with the customization of units, Model editors, Skin makers, would be a huge asset to the project.

Anyone who would like a learning experiance and feels like they could give something to the project. The story is already written out, but anyone who may consider helping would have to be able to get their parts done. The Prolouge will be released shortly, I will post it here for download, hopefully within the next few days.

Current Team Members-
ModCraft aka Arynth- Story and Executive Producer
adam josiah- Next in line, made the story itself possible. Spent long hours into the night helping out with the campaign, testing it and editing where I messed up at. Made the whole thing possibly, thanks to you and sarah (Momoko)

Thats it. Big ideas from a small part, anyone who would be interested in helping, just leave a reply!

Thank you all for reading. Heres some screen shots:

Jeff.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

Forest.jpg

If you need more photos, just let me know. Any other parts of the story, I'm more then willing to 'reveal' somewhat, but not all the way.

Last edited:
Level 9
I want to help you and fit some of your lookings : The Trigger Edittor (cinematics and quests) and Spell&Unit """Anyone who can make spells or can help with the customization of units""" That's what i can do . If u need me P.M me!
Also i can play with attachments :) it's really fun sometimes!

Level 13
I think it looks awesome and love campaigns. So if you decribe what kind of spells you want (effects, maybe pics?, damage etc...i can create it for you. Gui spells, that should be leakless and mui. I do not make knockback spells tought) Send pm to me if you want me to make something.

Level 4
Update-

Prolouge is just about done, I could use one or two Beta Testers for the first map, which should be done tonight, just simple testing and maybe advising on what could be improved or what could be done away with. If anyones interested, please private message me.

Level 4
The Stone of Arynth!

Hello All!

Me and the team have spent long nights and days working on this to finally bring you:
The Prologue!
and the Beta stage of The First map, which is still in the editing process.

Please give any feedback possible, good bad, what we can improve, what you liked, anything. Any Help now will certainly help when making further maps, so again, Please leave us some of your opinions!

Thank You, without further ado: The Stone of Arynth!

http://www.mediafire.com/?xtmwxddvmjs

A few notes:

Unlike what most of you may think, I and my team are both proud and nervous of this. It's our first release, and it's not just one map, it's two. We know they aren't perfect, but we hope they are fun, possibly exciting and will have you waiting for the official release of Stone of Arynth.

The folder comes with a 'Credits-' readme. Don't read if you don't want the characters revealed somewhat, all of the models we used are in that readme for the entire campaign.

Thank you all again for downloading, have fun!

Level 4
Were all working on getting the Maps in a decent state of arrival, so for those who are still with us just bare through! We got some new help from a new teammember who will have his name on the Team Credits, helping a lot with terrain and such.

Hopefully the updated maps will be released soon along with a new map.

Level 4
After LONG days of working on this, me and the team are about to bust out the updated maps, they Look a HELL Of a lot better, thanks to our two new terrainers who have eliminated that pesky fencing that I had.

If anyone else would like to lend a helping hand to anything, please let us know! We're still looking for one more terrainer and maybe another beta tester.

Level 4
Release Date

Hey Everyone! Sorry we haven't had a chance to post anything new...yet. Were all working on the Campaign when we get off of work, so it doesn't give us a lot of time to work on it daily, but we have put forth a lot of effort.

Hopefully we will release LightMapple and Journey to Davenport before August, I Still could use one beta tester to show us what could use improvements and such. But all in all, I'm happy with the maps are showing. You all played the beta stage of the maps, we now have the final stages coming up. Thanks to all!

Level 4
Hello Everyone!

The Project is taking longer then expected, two of our terrainers had some personal life issues to attend to, so that put us back by about a mile. I'm here to ask for help again, but this time, those who help get to preview the first THREE Maps of the campaign before making a decision (Prologue, LightMapple, Journey to Davenport). So what am I here to ask for?

Well, at the moment we could use a little bit of everything, but we could really use

1) two-three terrainers, anyone who can help out would be greatly appreciated.

2) One or two Beta testers and quick fixers of certain bugs they may find, or can give a detailed list of pros and cons for each map and what the bug may be so we can fix it. Either or, but that would help a lot.

3) Anyone who wants to try and help is always welcomed, we could always find a use for anyone :).

The story is already written out, but if anyone would like to contribute to the story while helping, feel free! This is an open campaign, and we have really taken pride in what has been done so far. If any of you are interested in seeing an updated map, I will try to upload A small zip folder with LightMapple included.

If you would rather not worry about the story, thats fine too! This is not a 'job'. You have no obligation to it, except when you say you'll do something, do it =). Thanks to all who are interested, and I hope to receive some replys soon so we can start back off.

Thanks Everyone!

Level 10
But.. you need more than just me, and to get people in try to lay out how many we actually are and how far in Terrain% are done and Story% are done and so on. Also say what the people you have now are working with, i would put this in the top of the thread.

Level 4
You're right! Ok, right now it is just myself, Adam (trigger/terrain/story helper) Sarah -his wife-, and Romek (terrain, beta tester) and Joe (Trigger, terrain, story)

First three maps of the prologue are 90% completed, just a few minor tweaks we need to work on. We've just started on the fourth map. We can post more up to date screen shots, and I will soon.

Thanks!

Level 4
YeaRight, what you played was a beta stage we released some time ago, if you would like to help with the campaign, you can see the more advanced version of the first three maps,which looks completely different then what we released to the public some time ago. Up to you, and to anyone else whose interested!

Level 4
Hey All, Quick update to what were looking at so far.

We could really use a terrainer and a beta tester. If you're interested in the project, All we really need is one small map you made so we can see your terrain. City, Forest, whichever setting you'd like.

So if anyone is interested, I can send you the script were looking at so far for each map, I can send you the first four maps of the campaign, and we can take it from there! This is a well organized project, each member is asigned a 'skydrive' to upload their part of the campaign.

If you don't know what a skydrive is, it's a virtual harddrive you can upload practically anything to up to 5 gigs. Every member of the project is granted that.

More then likely, I will be creating a forum to host our campaign, so please stay tuned to this thread!

Level 4
Forums

Well, I got tired of posting in sixty seperate forums for the same update, so for those who are interested in the updates for Stone of Arynth, please go to
Stone of Arynth
and register here, all updates, playable maps, ect will be posted here!

Thanks everyone!

Level 4
Hey Everyone!

According to the time stamp above my last post in this forum, it's been since August. A lot of things came up in life, and sadly the campaigns flame just about died. But, It has not died.

I have no idea where everyone went who was helping with the campaign, so here I am, looking for anyone whose interested in this still.

So at the moment, I'm looking for anyone experienced in triggering, terrain work, really anyone who feels they can contribute to the project. The story remains the same, but whoever helps with the project will also be included in story making. Here are some of the responsibilities and expectations (Yup, there's expectations!)

1) Whatever you decide to help with, terrain, modeling, spells, ect, the expectation is you atleast let me or others that are helping know what you are currently contributing, a new model, a certain spell, ect.

2) If you say you'll have something done for us in a timely manner, don't disappear for weeks at a time without letting anyone know how the progress is. You're part of the projet is yours alone, no one person will be working on the exact same thing, example: if you're making a system for weather, no one else will be working on the same thing.

3) Most importantly, this is not a job. This is for fun! It's a project, and were all in it to contribute to the Warcraft Community.

That's really it, or all I can think of at the moment. If anyone is interested, just reply back to this thread, I know it's dead, but it does have screenshots and the most updated version of the campaign on it, so I figured, bring it back to life.

Thanks to all who reads and who may contribute!

Level 4
Fantastic to hear buddy, get msn or yahoo to help out man.

Also, now looking for icon makers, there a few good programs to make the icons. Any and all help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.