• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stinky Joseph's Tavern - Episode 0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is an Interlude for a comedy serias called Stinky Joseph's tavern. It lasts about 2,5 minutes and has couple of funny scenes. See ya in episode 1!

Keywords:
Tavern, Stinky, Joseph, Episode, TV, Show, Beer, Customer, Laugh, LOL, Rifle-Man
Contents

Stinky Joseph's Tavern - Episode 0 (Map)

Reviews
02:23, 3rd Feb 2009 Septimus: Rejected by me and bounty. You already seen our reason, did't you?

M

02:23, 3rd Feb 2009
Septimus: Rejected by me and bounty. You already seen our reason, did't you?

Level 18
Here is my rating and comment:

1 - 10 points go on originality
1 - 10 points go on object editor work
1 - 10 points go on scripting
1 - 10 points go on terrain
1 - 10 points go on bug free
1 - 10 points go on gameplay/fun factor
1 - 10 points go on lag
1 - 10 points go on proper submission and crediting
-------------------------------------------------
That equals 80 points max.
+ Cinematic
1 - 10 points on camera work
1 - 10 points on dialog
1 - 10 points on music and or voice acting
- Cinematic
Object editor work
->That equals 100 points max.
To get a Hive grade over 1/5 at least 50% of the 80 (Triggered map) or of the 100 (Cinematic map) points is needed. That means at least 40 or 50 points. However if a map gets rated over 1/5 by me, that doesn't mean that I will imidietly vote it to be approved.

Originality: 9 points
You got a nice idea. Even thought there isn't much plot, but it seems like a nice idea and could develop into something more.

Object editor work: X

Scripting: 3 points
Less then average trigger work.

Terrain: 3 points
Outside terrain was awful, it was just plain and nothing. Interior was a bit better but still it was quite dull.

Bug Free: 10 points
No bugs.

Gameplay/Fun Factor: 4 points
The jokes weren't too funny. I laughed at the WC though.

Lag: 10 points
No lag.

Proper submission and crediting: 1 point
More info and images. The loading screen was black. No model crediting.

Camera work: 2 points
Going through walls and pretty static. Not good.

Dialog: 4 points
It wasn't bad and it wasn't good. More bad then good. You should make it more interesting.

Music: 3 points
No music. Just warcraft track.

In overall: 49 / 100
-----------------
The story is the bright spot of the cinematic. It should develop more. However there are some serious stuff you should improve:

- Camera
- Terrain
- Dialog
- Music

For the hive grade: 1/5 I suggest this map for: Rejecting

I hope you improve till Episode I. Try improving and submitting.

Good Luck in improving, bounty hunter2

Last edited:
Level 12
i do not understand bounty hunter's judging formula

"bug free" "scripting"...isnt it the same?

"gameplay/fun factor,originality,dialog" i would "judge" these points as one, not three

why not just terrain, story, kameras, movement of units&efect, sound

Level 18
"bug free" "scripting"...isnt it the same?

The map can have exeptional scripting but Can have bugs.

"gameplay/fun factor,originality,dialog" i would "judge" these points as one, not three

How can you put these as the same? Dialog is a important part of the cinematic, it doesn't have to be related to fun factor and originality, as well a map can be fun with no originality.

why not just terrain, story, kameras, movement of units&efect, sound

Because it is my rating system and I do it as I want.

Level 12
well

what is scripting? If that cin works ingame, i dont care about triggers, and of course if it has good scripting, it is bug free and vice versa

This cin doesnt seems very funny to me. Work more on cameras, it cannot go throught the walls.

Level 18
what is scripting? If that cin works ingame, i dont care about triggers, and of course if it has good scripting, it is bug free and vice versa

Anyone with any trigger knowledge could have done this. However there are some cinematics with triggering/scripting that are more then excellent. Here are some links for you to get the idea:

Level 31
here is my opinion about it.

There is a lot of typo error on it, the camera movement was fine but it keep running through the wall. Terrain look lacking, try to jass it up.

It wasn't bugged and could be approve, but the quality doesn't seems to fit enough in the eye of the staff.

If I view this as user, I would give it a rating 2 for lacking. As a staff, I would give it 1/5 since the quality was bad.

Because I am still a staff at this site, I would follow the staff rating

1/5 from me and mini-moderator vote was REJECT