• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stat-Boosting Spells and other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I know that someone has already done a tutorial on it, but I just can't find it. How am I supposed make a hero's abilties boosted by str/agi/int possibly even boosted by HP and MP.

Also, ghost effects for units. How do I get other units to look like the ghostly Keeper of the Grove?

Level 37
How am I supposed make a hero's abilties boosted by str/agi/int possibly even boosted by HP and MP.
Arithmetic operators. So if you want a spell to deal 100 damage plus 2 times the strength of the Hero:

• Set Damage = (100.00 + (2.00 x (Real((Strength of YourHero (Include bonuses))))))
Hero stats are integers, so you have to convert it to a real to work in the arithmetic operators since the Unit - Damage Target function takes a real argument for the actual damage. The "Include bonuses" part can also exclude bonuses.

How do I get other units to look like the ghostly Keeper of the Grove?
You are going to have to edit the model directly.

Level 14
You can make a unit appear transparent by changing its vertex coloring with triggers. The first 3 are red, green, blue so keep them at 100% but the last one is transparency. The lower the number the more transparent the unit looks. It won't have the whitish look, but it'll be ghostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.