• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starwars ORPG - input needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So ive decided to finally take up the task of making a starwars ORPG.

a few things i need input on.

1. Which era would you want the game to take place in?
a. Empire era or b. Clone wars era

2. Professions.
a. Force Sensitive will be the only profession, will have an amazing combat system with lots of spells and content. However you must unlock the path to becoming a jedi or a sith, by doing certain quests and collecting specific items.

let me know what you think about this force sensitive idea.

3. Planets
How many planets should there be and which ones?
the first planets i will add in are...
Tatooine, Dantooine, Naboo. There are many other planets in starwars, which ones would you like to see? I dont think the epic mapsize will fit more then 4-6 planets.

4. Difficulty level.
How hard should it be to become a jedi/sith?
possible content ideas?

5. comments
tell me what you think about this

6. want to join in?
send me a pm if you want to write ideas, or help with triggers and game content, anything would be helpful.

eventually i will need a starwars modeler/skinner and possibly a terrainer who understands map making so he doesnt screw up the game.

im not 100% on starting this but if i get good input ill consider starting this epic project.

Level 7
ok i'm not a big fan of startwars but who hasn't seen this movie...

1.b.Clone Wars - cause it's more action
3.I have no idea about the planets names, but if this is gonna be a multiplayer then i'm very curios how you gonna add 3 planets.
4. Well the Jedi/Sith are the highest rank right? Then it should be very hard.
5. I think it's a original idea cuz i never saw a StarWars ORPG
6. Uhm sorry, i currently work on my own map + i got 1 other project that i'm in :p. But if you need ideas just post them there :p.

Good Luck with your Map !

Level 14
Original idea.
1. I don't care, both are good.
2. Interesting idea.
3. Well, i don't know really.
4. Not very easy, but not very hard.
5. Original idea :p.
6. No thanks :D.
There are a lot of SW models in the hive by olofmoleman, use them :D.

Level 17
1)I agree with En Fuego
2)Sounds interesting, will wait and see how it plays out.
3)Read the books, there are some interesting ones that aren't shown in the movies or games.
4)Well, if it is the point of the game then it should take a fair amount of time and effort in doing so.
5)Custom models.
6)Pie

Level 4
Thanks for the input.
ill start working on a jedi hero arena map that will show off my unique combat system.
and if its popular, ill see if people want to help make an orpg with that combat system.

Level 4
Clone wars.

Y?
Way more battles then old republic.

not really.... in the old republic, the sith and the republic were constantly fighting eachother..

however old republic wasnt on the list, the empire era also has more battles then the clone wars.

Level 7
The Empire Era (Galactic Civil War) was the original trilogy, and has more battles (ish?), but there are more Clone Wars models. Use planets that are in the movies a lot (e.g. Coruscant) I want to join in. Then again, I can't model or terrain. I would if I could but I can't.

Level 4
eh ive stopped working on this project awhile ago. If anyone wants to start it back up again and take over as team leader feel free to do so, ill pitch in where i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.