• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft: Carrier + Interceptors, Zerg Lurker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I've got no idea how to make a carrier + its interceptors... I tought of making a spell for the carrier based on big bad vodoo with interceptors as model, but it sucks really hard... Anyone has an idea?
Since the player cannot use the carrier, there's no need to make 8 cargospace in a carrier for interceptors, I just need some way to make it look like alot of interceptors fighting arroudn the carrier (and doing damage)... I réally need this...

Second thing I need: How to make a unit (the zerg Lurker) make attack from below the ground (when it's burrowed), and not attack when on ground?

I really need a solution...

Credits will be given to people with a good solution

Level 6
Okie dokie, lets see what I can do.

For the Carrier thing, there's a spell in the Spells section for this. It's not great, but it's the closest thing to date.

For the Lurker, do NOT use a morphing spell. That will cause truble and take more space. Insted, make a spell based on Root/Uproot. This takes up less space in your map.

Eleandor said:
Second thing I need: How to make a unit (the zerg Lurker) make attack from below the ground (when it's burrowed), and not attack when on ground?

You'll need to have two types of Lurkers. The original that doesn'r attack and one that does in alternate form (like burrow animation). You'll also need a spell that transforms the original Lurker to alternate and other way (an example of good spells like that should be Druid of the Claw Bear Form, Druid of the Talon Raven Form or Medivh Raven Form).

Hope you understand since you know how to customize abilities and units.

Level 21
carrier: can you be more precise? There're mor than 400 spells... And if you're referring to the big bad voodoo (or the lvl 6 spell of the Nerubian hero (btw: what is the difference between those two?)), it's extremely bad...

About the Lurker: Yes, I tought of making something like that but I have only one model, that includes the burrowed animation... so how to disable all other animations but the burrowed one for the Lurker unit that can attack?

Eleandor said:
About the Lurker: Yes, I tought of making something like that but I have only one model, that includes the burrowed animation... so how to disable all other animations but the burrowed one for the Lurker unit that can attack?

The alternate animation is in the original model. When the burrow spell is activated the Lurker will dig in the ground and voila, a burrow animation. Click on the spell again and the Lurker will come up again.

Make sure to edit the alternate unit so the animation stats will have alternate/alternateex thingy included (check for Illidan and Illidan (Morphed) for example) so the "alternate unit" will use the alternate animation permanently.

Eleandor said:
Now please someone who can solve the carrierproblem? :p

thanks

To make Carriers launch Interceptors, you should customize the Crypt Lord's Locust spell (or Rokhan's Voodoo Spirit spell).
You maybe have to make some upgrades (I don't really know how) that might give the spell more power (like more Interceptors), but I'm not sure

Eleandor said:
I tried, but it's not working... I tried to change all art things I could into the interceptormodel, but it still looks the same as locust swarm...

help please :s

I've forgot to tell you that you should also change the locust unit to an interceptor model (Unit Editor).
Also, have you customize the spell's buffs and effects?

Level 9
To use the locust ability (which is exactly like the starcraft's carrier ability) edit the spell, but the unit named "locust" too. Since what the spell does is make those units fly around the crypt lord, attacking everything in sight.

The locust unit is harder to find, but when you do, replace the model with the interceptor ones, might make it selectable, but invulnerable, give it a ranged attack with the corresponding attack art and range, and voila.

Goodluck. =]

Level 25
Locust is NOT exactly like the Carrier's ability

Lets look at the differences

1. The Carrier spawns Intercepters when its attacking or attacking in self defence. Locust only spawns them when you click the spell
2. Locust hangs around the unit who summoned them. Intercepters go out, attack, and then go straight back in

Status
Not open for further replies.