• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2 War3HD Hero Warden (+ Vengeances)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Starcraft 2 HD Warcraft 3 Warden Hero by Blizzard Entertainment.

This pack contains:
- Warden
- Spirit of Vengeance
- Night Elf Sentry (the original base unit of the Spirit of Vengeance)
- Night Elf Runner (TFT variant of the Sentry)

A fresh rip of the War3HD model of the Warden from SC2. Internally this model was a flipping mess and it was clear that someone was taking shortcuts just to make this model presentable to the outside world (which I've since fixed). Among some glorious weirdness going on, it had two sets of arms and legs bones which ultimately did exactly the same thing.

The model parts are re-arranged according to the parts that need Transparency and the parts that need Team Color (Starcraft 2 is able to handle this better than regular old Warcraft 3).

In retrospect I think I should've done HotS Maiev instead....

I may tackle the Spirit of Vengeance and the Vengeances later (only if Blender decides to cooperate; it didn't like the Dark Ranger for some reason which was the model I was originally intending to do a fresh rip on)

ED 9/4/2021: Added Spirit of Vengeance and Sentry and Runner. Turns out the Spirit of Vengeance really was just as messed up as I thought. Made a Runner out of it for fun. (Sentry was pretty much a no-brainer since it's 90% the same as the Vengeance) Avatar of Vengeance probably coming later.
ED2: Added Avatar of Vengeance. Slight fix to Warden's internal Camera (you won't see it unless you don't use the Portrait)

"I am the Iron Hand of Justice!"
Previews
Contents

Hero Warden (Model)

Hero Warden Portrait (Model)

Night Elf Runner (Model)

Sentry (Model)

Spirit of Vengeance (Model)

Level 20
You are doing a great job for community . You sound much like Astronomen , i got a feeling you know him or its you :D
The War3HD models are just a mess to work with. A lot of the times the bone names are complete nonsense where someone copy-pasted the same bone several dozen times (this is the part the Blender importer is having trouble with) and they do a lot of weird questionable things in them. Worst of all, most of the models are not done in a resting pose which makes working with the animations a huge hassle.

Even the regular Starcraft 2 units I've looked at make better sense, but some of them are just as messy. It's probably one of the biggest reasons why you don't see a lot of unit ports from that.