• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2 War3HD Dark Ranger + alts

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
SC2 War3HD Dark Ranger by Blizzard Entertainment.

This pack contains:
- Dark Ranger
- Ranger

Like most SC2 War3HD models it is messy internally-- the bowstring and arrow is a complete mess and doesn't work with the model at all. On top of that, the model was clearly made with the old (living) Sylvannas Windrunner as a base, so she was missing the Dark Ranger Spell animation (which is crudely imported). The biggest problem was it was not implemented with a neutral base pose.

The Ranger is just a modified Dark Ranger; surely you can make a better skin than this. It's posted merely as a suitable 'base' model to work from for your own purposes since it's slightly different from the Dark Ranger.

Regular Archers can be made out of this simply by switching out the head....

ED 9/20/2021: Made Ranger's cape Team Color double-sided (the alternative was the inside of the cape was partially transparent). Removed 'NonLooping' tag from Dark Ranger's Spell animation (apparently it IS supposed to loop)
ED 9/21/2021: Forgot to add Rarity to Stand animations.
Previews
Contents

Dark Ranger (Model)

Dark Ranger Portrait (Model)

Hero Ranger (Model)

Hero Ranger Portrait (Model)

Well first i must say its awesome. Second i must say , i regret this model isnt highpolier with the face...

As you can see her uper lip portrait talk is messed, in every model sadly...

Also cape on run animation (right side i think could be better, but i guess its same like original wc3 glitchy)

So, i am very nostalgic about rangers, cause i am a purist..But advanced one ( for example all rangers had to have those animations, cape design)..Just different textures on capes,reskins,armors etc..Ofc sylvanas will have different face than dark ranger.

Stuff like that, but core of purism here is animation,cape design-shape, large boots ofc and wc3 proportions like this one, all of them :)

So this is like my request and a dream : 1. Could you guys try rise polys of head 2. Fix uper lips + try add 3d tooths 3. Suggestion : We could add some cool heads and do reskins of cape for other archers,using this base 4. My personal dream is to get Sylvana Windrunner from this base, add different face,stuff like that

As an example,back in rebirth times i harras orapa to make my wish (kek i like sylvana BFA cinematic face but it doesnt exist rofl xD in that quality), so he put a regular wow gameplay one, since i dont like hots face...

I ofc seek a way for a better cape than sc2, so i did a cape reskin (dunno if uvs are fine not a modeler)

sylva.png

Heres a file

Level 3
Well first i must say its awesome. Second i must say , i regret this model isnt highpolier with the face...

As you can see her uper lip portrait talk is messed, in every model sadly...

Also cape on run animation (right side i think could be better, but i guess its same like original wc3 glitchy)

So, i am very nostalgic about rangers, cause i am a purist..But advanced one ( for example all rangers had to have those animations, cape design)..Just different textures on capes,reskins,armors etc..Ofc sylvanas will have different face than dark ranger.

Stuff like that, but core of purism here is animation,cape design-shape, large boots ofc and wc3 proportions like this one, all of them :)

So this is like my request and a dream : 1. Could you guys try rise polys of head 2. Fix uper lips + try add 3d tooths 3. Suggestion : We could add some cool heads and do reskins of cape for other archers,using this base 4. My personal dream is to get Sylvana Windrunner from this base, add different face,stuff like that

As an example,back in rebirth times i harras orapa to make my wish (kek i like sylvana BFA cinematic face but it doesnt exist rofl xD in that quality), so he put a regular wow gameplay one, since i dont like hots face...

I ofc seek a way for a better cape than sc2, so i did a cape reskin (dunno if uvs are fine not a modeler)

View attachment 387410

Heres a file

SO AWESOME

Look most awesome face of Sylvanas like BFA cinematics

Sylvanas_BFA_Cinematic_Face.png

Zaffar made it , here is download

Deleted member 304046

D

Deleted member 304046

While Hero Ranger variation is meant to represent a high elf, the face reminds me of fan picture of Shandris by TamplierPainter. As someone who prefers that Night Elves were closer to the Orcs/the Horde after Warcraft III (despite what happened with Cenarius) and due to Blood Elves being on the Horde, I like to say that this Ranger, regardless of whether she is a night elf or became a blood elf, would be a great warrior for Thrall and a valuable asset for the Horde.