• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2 Conversion Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Unfortunately the first pair of rocks is sc2 exclusive for my mod which I am "making" with a friend, not quite making, he is, I am mostly reverse engineering a fps engine. I will never achieve something like that in wc3 no matter how hard I try plus all textures are 1024px and above with the addition of normal maps and oclusion. It's to much work in wc3 to make things look really high quality, even worse than reverse engineering a fps in sc2 but at least all the basic things like bump and specular come already available.

Rest assured about the large cliff, that is from my ruin pack and I intend to make it available in the next release but I am too much spit so, doing things fragmented won't get me anywhere. To get things moving I would like to ask you guys too decide what would you want the most finished ---> The Ruined Pack or the Sc 2 Conversion Pack?

Extracting some models from sc2 is not too much work and you can make requests, for the ruined pack it will take a little longer since I am making them from zero but the quality will be more than guaranteed this time maybe with water and environment included.

Think wisely!

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Personally, I would be way more interested in the ruined pack since it's something which I can get way more use out of, my project being medieval and all though It depends on what the majority wants. As for individual models, can't really think of anything. Quick question though, can you extract models from D3/WoW as requests as well? I have my eye on a thing or two.

I have to agree with don here. I just started to learn Galaxy Editor so it's mostly experimental for now. So now you have 2 votes for the Ruined Pack toby.
------------------------
request for some Zerus plants, like trees and cliffs if you can.
------------------------
These are the ones I would need if you would be so kind:)

Attachments

• Terrain 001.jpg
    Terrain 001.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 156
  • Terrain 002.jpg
    Terrain 002.jpg
    470.6 KB · Views: 244
  • Terrain 003.jpg
    Terrain 003.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 222
  • Terrain 004.jpg
    Terrain 004.jpg
    684.6 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Level 16
Well now there's a lot of requests and I'd be thinking this through, let's see...
Personally, I would be way more interested in the ruined pack since it's something which I can get way more use out of, my project being medieval and all though It depends on what the majority wants. As for individual models, can't really think of anything. Quick question though, can you extract models from D3/WoW as requests as well? I have my eye on a thing or two.
Yes I can but I won't, don't want to mix other stuff in the pack. That would be if I'd make another conversion pack for D3 or WOW, wich I won't.
I cast my five votes in the Sc2 Conversion Pack direction, we need more sci-fi stuff.
I remember you requested Xel Naga doodads. I was just thinking of converting those at the end after I added some Teran buildings which the pack needs.
Please Toby It would kind of nice to have those models
Already answered above. :carr:
We want the trees!
Don't worry you'll get lots of trees in the Ruin Pack! Similar to those.
------------------------
request for some Zerus plants, like trees and cliffs if you can.
------------------------
These are the ones I would need if you would be so kind:)
That is an excellent request and I've been looking at the Zerus environment with a "DO want! face" on and thinking that it would fit great. TOP PRIORITY!
-----------

And this sums it up. I already know that I'll be doing the Sc2 coversion pack since I am very busy and working on the ruin pack requires more dedication and creativity which I am depleted of in this exhausting situation.

Case closed!

-----------

This will be the last of my show off for the unrelated fps mod but I just want to point out some differences in graphics quality and setting in comparison to wc3.

Small detailed rocks on the ground, how they look like at different setting.

LOW

Even on low settings they will probably look better do to the better shaders, a great thing would be the enhanced lighting which wc3 is not capable of.

210613-albums7170-picture82954.jpg

MEDIUM

Global illumination and real time shadows, very basic shading, the lowest over average setting.

210613-albums7170-picture82955.jpg

ULTRA

Soft shadows, better illumination and better everything else. There is also an Extreme settings but it's not worth mentioning in this case, Ultra is more than perfect, AO included. (Btw the shadows are made with parallax, I shit you not!)

210613-albums7170-picture82956.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

210613-albums7170-picture82957.jpg

210613-albums7170-picture82958.jpg

I can fake normal maps in wc3 but it doesn't look this natural, well I am attempting anything I can.

Last edited:
I like your determination mr. toby:)
------------------------------
Here are the models which could be useful if converted, thank you:3
Thanks toby, you're awesome:wink:
Now don't let that get to your head too much:ogre_datass:

Attachments

• Terrain 001.jpg
    Terrain 001.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 332
  • Terrain 002.jpg
    Terrain 002.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 283
  • Terrain 003.jpg
    Terrain 003.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Terrain 004.jpg
    Terrain 004.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Terrain 005.jpg
    Terrain 005.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 187
  • Terrain 006.jpg
    Terrain 006.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 186
  • Terrain 007.jpg
    Terrain 007.jpg
    558.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Terrain 008.jpg
    Terrain 008.jpg
    582.6 KB · Views: 238
Level 16
How big is the overall filesize of those things? I'm hoping to use those resources for one of my melee map.
  • The bush model is 49 kilo, Texture 463 kilo, the one with the log is 99 kilo, Log texture 259 kilo
  • Zerus Tree models 105/110 kilo, Texture in total 1 mega + the bush texture (shared texture)

Honestly those are the normal quality version, I wanted to split the textures for Hd since they were originally 1024px.
AWESOME> I can't wait to use those for my terrains *screams like a little crazy girl*
You'll get a lot more than this, all in time.

Level 28
  • The bush model is 49 kilo, Texture 463 kilo, the one with the log is 99 kilo, Log texture 259 kilo
  • Zerus Tree models 105/110 kilo, Texture in total 1 mega + the bush texture (shared texture)

Great! that is very acceptable.

Honestly those are the normal quality version, I wanted to split the textures for Hd since they were originally 1024px.

Having the luxury to choose from normal quality and high quality is always nice.

Level 16
It's all standard wc3 quality, really. It's easy for every kill the texture manyak to reduce the size with blp lab to btlnet. I provide the quality, you destroy the innocence!
I don't say it for you, I say it for the ones that are still asking me to this day to reduce the textures. I WILL NEVER! :)

Big thanks to everyone again!

Level 14
I think I'd go simple. It still looks like a very high quality model so there is no need to overdo it. Granted I am not a terrainer and the models I use are used ingame so I like a smaller file size. These look like they would give the most "bang for your buck" so to speak. (That might be an American saying...)

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Left, the other one is a tad bit too ornate in terms of very small details.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Then I'm settling for the one on the right.
Ok left it is.

By the way does anyone know how to make a doodad with custom variations? I tried it lots of times but doesn't work for me.

have tried to give same naming format with default wc3 models-with-variations?

Level 28
By the way does anyone know how to make a doodad with custom variations? I tried it lots of times but doesn't work for me.

If you gonna upload a map with the doodad data already made then I really wish that you don't put them in just one doodad data (rock variations, tree variations etc) it will just take more time switching variations when you can just select it on the doodad palette.

Level 16
So... what I'm I going to do with this then?

• Model A
*ZerusPlantClusterLarge_00
*ZerusPlantClusterLarge_01
*ZerusPlantClusterLarge_02
*ZerusPlantClusterLarge_03
*ZerusPlantClusterLarge_04
*ZerusPlantClusterLarge_05

• Model B
*ZerusPlantClusterMedium_00
*ZerusPlantClusterMedium_01

*etc.

Tried that and whatever they say on forums but my models are blank. I get what you guys mean but in the case of small details like small rocks and plants this is way more efficient. Don't tell me you like to waste time arranging small things like ants! :pmeh:

Level 16
Well yes you do that after I finished making the pack but in some cases I prefer more efficiency. I don't want to waste my time making a model for each variation this time. Isn't the purpose of a terrain editor to be more efficient in the first place\user friendly?! :3

Edit: Sc2 is full of model variations, far too many that I'm going nuts :p
Edit 2: I also want to decrease production time and increase productivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.