1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Starcraft 2 Conversion Pack

Discussion in 'Terrain & Level Design' started by tobyfat50, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They look good and they've lost the wc3 feel, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    Also, being more of a art terrainer than playable maps terrainer, I don't really care for file-sizes.
    I do love those cliffs, but Toby, I'm anxiously waiting for those Sc2 models, so could you... You know,
    focus on them instead? Pretty please.

2. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Since it's SC2 it's a given that they will lose the wc3 feel completely which I am aiming for so long. Don't think about the file size much the whole model is equal to several other variations of rocks in total so presumably they will have the same size in total and it's a lot easier for you, just need to place it anywhere. In addition you can add to the details using the small rocks and make whatever your muscle wants to. Do not fear, I'll also add the non fragmented small size models.

Gilles, I know you are probably a wc3 old school fan but I'm not going to make anything that looks like wc3/ in quality since I aim to make QH as much as possible. I might be thinking of making medieval models but that's about it.

I'd also be trying to find more ways to trick effects in wc3 but I didn't have the time so far.

3. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Medieval stuff? I'm waiting then. I always wanted some diverse stuff to the medieval feel of the game, and it's good that ur aiming for quality:D

4. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The development is stopping here, I'll slice the last cliff, add more rocks and you can say hello to the first release! This time I intend to, in a few days...

5. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    this is epic. Deserves more attention.

6. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Almost done! I Won't wait another day so you'll be getting a early release! Keep Eyes opened, this pack is awesome!!!

Edit: Putting together the pack right now!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Update for this version

Added as much material as I could, thr is actual grass and another parallax but rock surface this time. It's still a test, very blurry, because I wanted to try height variation but you'll have to be satisfied at the moment.
    Tested the ENB a lot recently...
    Screenshots
    ENB TEST

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

:thumbs_up: The Pack is released, Enjoy! :thumbs_up:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  7. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Tested this, it works and it's amazing.

Added this one, and the ruins pack, to the list of useful doodads over at A guideline to Terraining. Great work Toby! <3
    Also, not to press the matter, but. If you're intending to keep working on this, I'd appreciate any of the Xel Naga doodads
    very much :)

8. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll do just that when I can. There's a lot more to come but I'm changing my priority to the ruine pack since the current version is hideous, of course I'll still toss some SC2 models in this pack from time to time until it fills for version 2 and there is also room for improvement. Actually I'm happy for doing this since I have models of my own which I can make my terrains and experiments with.

9. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [Bump]

Made this for the Ruine pack but it fits her well. One word - Displacement, rings a bell?!
    Testing displacement software and improving textures. The software used is a secret at the moment, it generates Displacement based on the hight of the texture.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rock Displace
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lava Displace
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks really great, but I'm not sure I agree with it fitting into this thread.
    Obviously, it's your thread, but I think you should separate what you're making
    yourself and what you're converting from Sc2, if you made these from scratch,
    then I think you should keep them in the other thread.

It's just "cleaner" to keep only Sc2 converts in this thread.

11. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Those cliffs are just perfect. Any estimation of when u could finish them? I could really need them a map of mine.

12. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Probably so, unfortunately Sc2 doesn't have any cliff models like this so I made 2 models in the previous release (the 2 big ones). Won't be making any other models since this a conversion pack but this one seems to go well with the tiles. However I won't add it here, I'll cheap it clean with sc2 converted models only accepting the 2 models already implemented, speaking of which I'll be fixing them since I noticed some flaws in the textures.
    Probably in the next release, and I'll add them to the ruine pack not here, unfortunately you'll have to wait a lot for them because my model agenda is large and wide so I suggest you keep working on your map and upgrade it with the new models when I'm done.

13. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Holy my god. I am using this to its full potential.

14. bethmachine

bethmachine

Resources:
    Resources:
    So am I, can you please some teran buildings for me I need it as soon s you can and maybe a melee hero as well for a charcacter.Ir you can some more doodads plz.

15. Cihparg

Cihparg

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'd much prefer if you didn't enhance the images with enb/photoshop, to be frank.
    I want to see to which extent the pack /actually/ pushes Warcraft 3, without being blinded by foolish special effects.

16. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Or you could use ENB as well.
    No seriously, that is like saying all those new games should post screens with all post-processing turned off because you don't want to be blinded by foolish special effects and want to see how bad they really are. (because when you think about it, they are just wc3 with slightly higher poly models higher res textures and foolish special effects and are not pushing anything)
    You can opt to not use ENB but it is like deliberately playing games on low settings.

17. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I agree Talavaj. But ENB is merely for presentations Cihparg. Anyway some terran buildings would be nice if you could include them toby:D

18. Cihparg

Cihparg

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Post-processing is fine, if the game /itself provides them/.
    Using third-party applications to make your products seem better than they actually are?
    No, you don't do that. I could sell you a pig in a bag, tell it's gold and be fine with it. You'd only regret the trade afterwards.

You can use ENB if you're doing terrains, but that's not what he's doing here; he's making models.

E: Addressing issues.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  19. tobyfat50

tobyfat50

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What are you talking about? I am both making models and using ENB!
    Good suggestion, unfortunately I was out for a long time and did not noticed the request.

20. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Anyway, I do hope you can make some Zerus plants:wink:
    I would require them for my next terrain. So please if you have time make them possible.