• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2: C&C3 Clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Yes, as the title says, SC2 may be a CNC3 Clone. I mean seriously, the Reapers are very similar to Commandoes, there are the Motherships, which have shields and kill unit and building practically instantly, and the Tripods, which are powerful tanks. Don't forget the features, like no heroes, or selection limit. Yeah yeah, start up the flamethrowers, you noobs.:witch_doc_sad:

Level 40
Don't forget, SC hasn't had a sequel in 10 years, raging.

I think C&C was first, but the "how many sequels" reasoning isn't very good.

Yes, as the title says, SC2 may be a CNC3 Clone. I mean seriously, the Reapers are very similar to Commandoes, there are the Motherships, which have shields and kill unit and building practically instantly, and the Tripods, which are powerful tanks. Don't forget the features, like no heroes, or selection limit. Yeah yeah, start up the flamethrowers, you noobs.

-Reapers are basically marines with a modified spider mine... they're not too unique, except for their jump packs; do these commandoes have that?

-Motherships; Every protoss unit since StarCraft has had shields, so the first part of that point is already a little stupid. (No offence) As for the second part, you're basically saying that things with high damage are CnC clones? Again, yeah...

-Colossi are not tanks, but giant tripods... Even so, they're from War of the Worlds.

Also, keep in mind, SC2 was started in 2003. (Or 2004?)

Level 40
A lot of them are very very similar, though. They appear to mostly use the same engine, and everything else except for artwork and unit stats. (And then, of course, the harvesting difference from Tiberian Sun and CnC/Red Alert)

Note: I haven't played CnC Generals or CnC3, just CnC, Tiberian Sun & Expansion, Red Alert, Red Alert 2 & Expansion

there are the Motherships, which have shields and kill unit and building practically instantly,
Mother ships dont kill building instantly. 2 of them casted planet cracker and didnt kill them even.

and the Tripods, which are powerful tanks.
Oh come on.....EVERYBODY uses tripods....theres no saying who made what first....Thats such a freaking common idea, its been banging around for ages...

Don't forget the features, like no heroes, or selection limit.
Haveing no heros makes it a copy HOW? Ive played games other than that, witch have selection limit and not selection limit...wich came before CnC3...

Yeah yeah, start up the flamethrowers, you noobs.:witch_doc_sad:
Why are you calling people noobs for no reason? o_O

I havent played CnC3, but I dont think either of themn are really copying each other....They both just use some common ideas.
You only said a few units: I hardly think that classifiys as a game copy...

Level 13
SC2 and CnC3 are nothing alike. To say that they are is to slap every starcraft and command and conquer fan in the face, theyre SO different its not even comparable. Theyre engines are so different it boggles the mind to think that they could be in any way, shape or form, the same. The two were created a while back and even then were different, i find it retarded to call this game a clone of anything but its original, StarCraft or (in graphic terms) (on some forums) Warcraft 3 (i dont actualy belive that either, others may though).

Oh well, its just opinion really but... come on man they are almost polar opposites on most of the fundamentals of RTS's... like reasources.

Oh and on your unit comment: half of that shit was in SC1, the other half has been shit around by hollywood and game companies for years, therefore the "mothership" idea is negated along with the tripod tank issue too. I ask you this also: did SC1 have any heroes? NO. so thats out too.

Level 13
What are you people smoking? The Colossus has 4 LEGS! Only the artwork of them has 3, but the ingame model has 4!

Level 3
Yeah, they are similar, but more different than they are similar (That doesn't sound grammatically correct).

Well, Mostly the idea of powerful tripods, though the colossus may not be a tripod anymore, and three sides and everything...Wait! What if it's the other way around:CNC was getting desperate so they stole ideas from Blizzard....

Level 13
What the f*ck shadow ? What have you seen about the game that indicates that massive level of suck ?

Edit: CnC generals was by far the worst RTS i can remember playing. hands down, the worst.

Level 26
Yes, as the title says, SC2 may be a CNC3 Clone. I mean seriously, the Reapers are very similar to Commandoes
Former prisoners that use jet packs? I'm listening.
there are the Motherships, which have shields
Like all of the other protoss units? Were you thinking about that when you were masturbating your pride by telling yourself how much of an awesome conspiracy theorist you are?
and kill unit and building practically instantly
Like a superweapon should?
and the Tripods, which are powerful tanks.
AAAH WAR OF THE WORLDS STOLE FROM CNC3 BY TRAVELING TO THE FUTURE AND TAKING THE IDEA OF TRIPODS
Don't forget the features, like no heroes, or selection limit.
Funny thing, really. I was playing the original starcraft and warcraft 3 the other day and they also had such an odd phenomenon. Because, clearly, it was Command and Conquer 3 that invented the selection limit. And starcraft clearly had heroes in melee games as well.
Yeah yeah, start up the flamethrowers, you noobs.:witch_doc_sad:
1. "Pot. Kettle. Black."
2. "IM SO AWESOME COS I TINK I CAN PREDICT FLAMING BY FLAMING TEM FURST LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

Level 13
MSBB Gets the sh*t done. had he been alerted to this sooner, it would have saved us valuable time in our lives making singular bashes to the thread whereas MSBB just kind of bulldozed it, i cannot think of anything more to say rather than thank you, MySpaceBarBroke, for a job well done.

Level 34
I find it amusing when people come to a forum, say something that he/she knows will stir up the community, then leaves.

There have been a bunch of posts repeating each other, and the person who started the thread probably hasn't even thought about looking at this thread.

Level 26
He posted twice in this thread, and his last activity was on the day he posted it. I wouldn't consider it guerilla posting just yet. Maybe he just forgot he had an account two days ago.

Level 13
When your thread gets owned this bad, you shut the f*ck up, sit down, troll for a month, and THEN you get the right to talk again, Or, if your a moron, you look for other places on the forum or other forums that may pwn you slightly less.

Level 34
Off-topic: MSBB, where do you find all your comics, you write them yourself?

Edit: Never mind, I found the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.