1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Calling all starcraft 2 fans

Discussion in 'Requests' started by InfernalKnight, Feb 25, 2010.

1. InfernalKnight

InfernalKnight

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am in the process of making a new map for Warcraft 3 and its based on Stacraft 2 Beta units. So if anyone has any hidden models or any experience with making starcraft models i am in urgent need of the following :

Zerg Buildings: Hatchery, Spawning Pool, Evolution Chamber, Spine Crawler, Spore Crawler, Hydralisk Den, Baneling Nest, Lair, Roach Warren, Infestation Pit, Spire, Nydue Network, Hive, Lurker Den, Ultralisk Cavern, Greater Spire.

Zerg Units: Queen, Drone, Baneling, Roach, Infestor, Mutalisk, Corrupter, Nydue Worm (do this one as a spell it would make it easier to put in the map) Lurker, Brood Lord, Ultralisk.

(Note some of these units are already on the site but id like some better versions of them)

The rest will be on comments

{EDIT 1}
    Terran Buildings: Updated Supply Depot, Refinery, Updated Command Center, Missile Turret, Sensor Tower, Merc Compound, Starport, Fusion Core. (The buildings that can fly need the flight animations plz.) (Updated Means the Starcraft 2 version not the original version.)

Terran Units: SCV, Marauder, Ghost, Reaper, Hellion, Siege Tank, Viking (with landing/flying animations) Medivac, Raven, Banshee, Thor (with artillery Animations) BattleCruiser.

{EDIT 2}
    Protoss Buildings: Obelisk, Twilight Council, Robotics Facility, Templar Archives, Dark Shrine, Fleet Beacon, Robotics Bay

Protoss Units: Stalker, Sentry(Nullifier, Disruptor whatever its called now) Immortal, PHeonix, Void Ray, Observor, Warp Prism, High Templar, Carrier, Mothership, Collosus

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
  2. Amigurumi

Amigurumi

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    triple post <- remove your two posts, and paste the text into the first one.
    wrong forum <- use request forum.

and why should somebody make so many models, when he/she doesn't know
    your map/you?
    also, search at hive model database, there are most of the sc1 buildings.

3. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We are still waiting for a SC2 Battlecruiser by Fingofin. I'm not sure if it will ever come but coming when the retail SC2 is released will be a little pointless. Not to say if this Beta Patch for also having Galaxy Editor is soon, someone may decide to write an importer of M3 models.

4. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Do you realize what a bizzare ammount of work those requests would take?
    There is a REASON why starcraft two has taken ages to complete.. you need textures, meshes, particles, event objects, and animation.. and for me, animations for a single unit can sometimes take up to 10 hours!

Also note that you just requested EVERY SINGLE UNIT in starcraft 2!
    Do you seriously expect someone else to make a goddamn map for you?!

Damn, i'm so furious right now.

5. GregerTheGreat

GregerTheGreat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fingolfin has got a point. Seriously, wait for the real deal.

6. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please post requests on the Requests forum and do not post two (or more) messages in a row unless the thread has been inactive for 48 hours or more.
    ~Thread moved and posts merged

7. Newominus

Newominus

Resources:
    Resources:
    You've requested like 65 units & buildings in total. Nobody is going to make that many models JUST for you. Making that many models would take over the time of over two years (estimation may or may not be correct). Not to mention they have a life to take care of too.

By the way... This thread makes me angry.

Edit: Changed it to 65

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  8. g9gg999

g9gg999

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree. If you were asking for one or two units from SC2, then maybe someone would think about making them, but ALL the SC2 units! Nobody's gonna do that budd, sorry. The only unit from SC2 I would like to see made for WC3 is the Terran Thor, because its my favorite unit. But I doubt anyone will make it so I might just try and learn to make models and make it myself.