• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Calling all starcraft 2 fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am in the process of making a new map for Warcraft 3 and its based on Stacraft 2 Beta units. So if anyone has any hidden models or any experience with making starcraft models i am in urgent need of the following :

Zerg Buildings: Hatchery, Spawning Pool, Evolution Chamber, Spine Crawler, Spore Crawler, Hydralisk Den, Baneling Nest, Lair, Roach Warren, Infestation Pit, Spire, Nydue Network, Hive, Lurker Den, Ultralisk Cavern, Greater Spire.

Zerg Units: Queen, Drone, Baneling, Roach, Infestor, Mutalisk, Corrupter, Nydue Worm (do this one as a spell it would make it easier to put in the map) Lurker, Brood Lord, Ultralisk.

(Note some of these units are already on the site but id like some better versions of them)

The rest will be on comments

{EDIT 1}
Terran Buildings: Updated Supply Depot, Refinery, Updated Command Center, Missile Turret, Sensor Tower, Merc Compound, Starport, Fusion Core. (The buildings that can fly need the flight animations plz.) (Updated Means the Starcraft 2 version not the original version.)

Terran Units: SCV, Marauder, Ghost, Reaper, Hellion, Siege Tank, Viking (with landing/flying animations) Medivac, Raven, Banshee, Thor (with artillery Animations) BattleCruiser.

{EDIT 2}
Protoss Buildings: Obelisk, Twilight Council, Robotics Facility, Templar Archives, Dark Shrine, Fleet Beacon, Robotics Bay

Protoss Units: Stalker, Sentry(Nullifier, Disruptor whatever its called now) Immortal, PHeonix, Void Ray, Observor, Warp Prism, High Templar, Carrier, Mothership, Collosus

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 22
We are still waiting for a SC2 Battlecruiser by Fingofin. I'm not sure if it will ever come but coming when the retail SC2 is released will be a little pointless. Not to say if this Beta Patch for also having Galaxy Editor is soon, someone may decide to write an importer of M3 models.

Do you realize what a bizzare ammount of work those requests would take?
There is a REASON why starcraft two has taken ages to complete.. you need textures, meshes, particles, event objects, and animation.. and for me, animations for a single unit can sometimes take up to 10 hours!

Also note that you just requested EVERY SINGLE UNIT in starcraft 2!
Do you seriously expect someone else to make a goddamn map for you?!

Damn, i'm so furious right now.

Level 9
You've requested like 65 units & buildings in total. Nobody is going to make that many models JUST for you. Making that many models would take over the time of over two years (estimation may or may not be correct). Not to mention they have a life to take care of too.

By the way... This thread makes me angry.

Edit: Changed it to 65

Last edited:
Level 2
I agree. If you were asking for one or two units from SC2, then maybe someone would think about making them, but ALL the SC2 units! Nobody's gonna do that budd, sorry. The only unit from SC2 I would like to see made for WC3 is the Terran Thor, because its my favorite unit. But I doubt anyone will make it so I might just try and learn to make models and make it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.