• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Standard Ai in-depth tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
good evening everyone!

does anyone know of a detailed Standard Ai tutorial ?
the Ai used in melee games?

the one which decides what the Ai builds, priorities, how it expands etc etc?

all i found was the campaign AI, but i need a proper Standard Ai tutorial

anyone has any links? other than the campaign tutorial, i couldnt find anything else

thanks alot

Level 60
good evening everyone!

does anyone know of a detailed Standard Ai tutorial ?
the Ai used in melee games?

the one which decides what the Ai builds, priorities, how it expands etc etc?

all i found was the campaign AI, but i need a proper Standard Ai tutorial

anyone has any links? other than the campaign tutorial, i couldnt find anything else

thanks alot

Open the War3x.mpq and find the human.ai, orc.ai, elf.ai, undead.ai, and common.ai

These files dictate the AI for melee maps. Unfortunately, you can't edit these with the AI editor. You're going to have to open them (with notepad) and edit scripts manually. You'll need to know how JASS works though.

Level 3
Open the War3x.mpq and find the human.ai, orc.ai, elf.ai, undead.ai, and common.ai

These files dictate the AI for melee maps. Unfortunately, you can't edit these with the AI editor. You're going to have to open them (with notepad) and edit scripts manually. You'll need to know how JASS works though.
Can't open the file with Notepad. Comes out all Zalgo gibberish or something!

Level 25
Status
Not open for further replies.