• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Neutral units controlled by AI

Level 1
Hello guys,

I am using WC3 WE JNGP and I wonder how to make Neutral(non hostile) units playable by AI.

That's mean (If I will give him peon, castle and mine/lumber he will be acting like player) and if someone attacks him then it will change to hostile towards this player by trigger.

The same for Hostile neutral player.

But maybe it isn't possible for older version.... :/

But another thing is:
I need speciffic AI colour player to be played extremly well, moving all units and give him targeting/location to move units via using boats etc.

As I understand than I can put triggers and event listeners etc., but it will only help to trigger only defined actions and just once/repeatable without side steps.... :/

So If anyone found a way to make AI a clever AI, then I will by thankfull for any kind of help or redirect to better tutorial which I maybe missed.

PS: I know that before start of map gameplay you can set intermediate, but that doesn't fix problem with manually added stuffs.

That's mean: AI will be focused more one his start location units....

He is even forgetting to give heroes skills if that hero was putted by me.

Hello guys,

I am using WC3 WE JNGP and I wonder how to make Neutral(non hostile) units playable by AI.

That's mean (If I will give him peon, castle and mine/lumber he will be acting like player) and if someone attacks him then it will change to hostile towards this player by trigger.

The same for Hostile neutral player.

But maybe it isn't possible for older version.... :/

But another thing is:
I need speciffic AI colour player to be played extremly well, moving all units and give him targeting/location to move units via using boats etc.

As I understand than I can put triggers and event listeners etc., but it will only help to trigger only defined actions and just once/repeatable without side steps.... :/

So If anyone found a way to make AI a clever AI, then I will by thankfull for any kind of help or redirect to better tutorial which I maybe missed.

PS: I know that before start of map gameplay you can set intermediate, but that doesn't fix problem with manually added stuffs.

That's mean: AI will be focused more one his start location units....

He is even forgetting to give heroes skills if that hero was putted by me.

You should be able to just take a normal player slot, and set their alliance towards everyone to neutral via triggers.