• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Teh AI of Neutral Hostile vs. Any player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello fellow editors, ive got another question and problem :D

Info: "player 12" was just random computer controlled player, could be any player from 1-12
Basically, ive got basic trigger that summons some skeleton creeps every few sedonds and sendsthem with Attack-Move command across corridor, where they eventually encounter enemy and attack, and die. However, when units belong to Neutral Hostile, they return to spawn region after few steps, or after they attack. And when i changed Neutral Hostile owner to Player 12, skellys didnt use any spells or whatsoever, only attacked, but at least didnt return to spawn region (i want them to cast some blizzards and crap too!). So, any ideas how can i fix thiS? So skellys will have some AI, use actual spells etc and also dont return to their spawn position?

And second one, similar with AI: Ive got this boss-like guy, which concentrates on 1 unit that has got buff and attacks only it, if it attacks any other unit it will be again ordered to attack buffed unit. When i used player 12 for tersting, AI was fine, worked as slave, attacked only target with buff (but alas, didnt use any spells. That sucks very much.). But with Neutral Hostile, while boss casted his spells, sometimes instead of chasing his target he stopped to hit unit which attacked him on way to his target, or tried to return to spawn/camp position, and basically was very ineffective at his chasing unit job.

So, any ideas? How to get some combination of computer controller obeys triggers as slave) and some intelligence to cast spells?

Thanks very much!

Level 21
Hello fellow editors, ive got another question and problem :D

Info: "player 12" was just random computer controlled player, could be any player from 1-12
Basically, ive got basic trigger that summons some skeleton creeps every few sedonds and sendsthem with Attack-Move command across corridor, where they eventually encounter enemy and attack, and die. However, when units belong to Neutral Hostile, they return to spawn region after few steps, or after they attack. And when i changed Neutral Hostile owner to Player 12, skellys didnt use any spells or whatsoever, only attacked, but at least didnt return to spawn region (i want them to cast some blizzards and crap too!). So, any ideas how can i fix thiS? So skellys will have some AI, use actual spells etc and also dont return to their spawn position?

And second one, similar with AI: Ive got this boss-like guy, which concentrates on 1 unit that has got buff and attacks only it, if it attacks any other unit it will be again ordered to attack buffed unit. When i used player 12 for tersting, AI was fine, worked as slave, attacked only target with buff (but alas, didnt use any spells. That sucks very much.). But with Neutral Hostile, while boss casted his spells, sometimes instead of chasing his target he stopped to hit unit which attacked him on way to his target, or tried to return to spawn/camp position, and basically was very ineffective at his chasing unit job.

So, any ideas? How to get some combination of computer controller obeys triggers as slave) and some intelligence to cast spells?

Thanks very much!

Part of it can be fixed in gameplay constants. Find things such as Creep Return Radius and Creep Return Time and set them very high.
Cos it probably doesn't matter if the boss runs back a week later.

Level 7
Well, having computer player that will cast spells by trigger...
Neutral Hostile is pretty good at this, casts blizzard at my army, uses Frost Armor on his unit, doesnt cast spells all randomly.. Triggering every single spell like blizzard or storm bolt, bloodlust, so my dumb Player 12 would cast it now and then seems too complicated, and.. how could i actually trigger that? :D

And thanks for that one with creeps :D

Level 7
Now thats strange, i assigned computer to that slot before asking this and he didnt do anything (thats why i asked), but when you mentioned it i just tried new map, put Archimonde for player 2, put player 2 under computer control.. and he sort-of casted spells! Then i went to my map, checked that player 12 is computer (he was before) aand he did nothing again, merely used auto.cast spells like frost armor etc.
Then i gave few units to player 2 and he casted spells!

Okay, now im either totally dumb and dont know how to give computer controller to payer or what...

Yep. Some more testing and only conclusion is that "player 12" wasnt actually controlled by computer, even thought in "Player properties" tab hes labeled "computer". How do i make somebody computer controlled, for gods sake? :D Besides player 2, he works fine :D

Level 7
I remember reading one guide where one guy wrote conditions for all spells, like when AI casts blizzard (when there are like 5 or more clumped enemy units), wind walk (Hero has low hp or something), and.. every single spell :D (and yeah, he mentioned AI will never use channel by himself :D) I might search for it later.

But, the problem still persists...wtf.

I gave each player 1-12 and neutral hostile Archimonde, lvl 10 with spells. Neutral one instantly uses Dark portal followed by Rain of chaos when my unit comes close.
Player 2 does likewise.
Every other player only attacks, without spells.

Mkay, ive got no idea whats wrong with this, simplest thing in editor yet it doesnt work. AND YES, Players are set to "controller - computer" and fixed start location (coz very often people think i ask stuff just because i forgot to do something simple. I ask coz the simple way doesnt work.)

Level 7
If you are still having problems, I've got a solution.

There is a ZTS Threat system which includes a complete modified AI system (Threat, can cast spells whenever etc.) It is completely leakless and requires only a few things to be installed correctly, very user-friendly.
Full credits go to Zwiebelchen if you use it :)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/zwiebelchens-threat-system-2-6-a-156179/

Wow, that might be very useful! :D However, i dunno whether it fixes also my lack of AI for computer, but it might make the AI more controllable once i fix this problem of mine :D

And UndeadImmortal: Nope, i deleted that trigger. only Melee Game trigger ive got left is with Game Time :D

Level 20
Wow, that might be very useful! :D However, i dunno whether it fixes also my lack of AI for computer, but it might make the AI more controllable once i fix this problem of mine :D

And UndeadImmortal: Nope, i deleted that trigger. only Melee Game trigger ive got left is with Game Time :D

Well did you try to put it back? Maybe that would help, since it runs the ai triggers.

Level 7
Okay, really, this drives me nuts. Anybody here can try to make some blank map, put 3+ players there, give every player 1 Archimonde level 10, computer controlled and see if he actually does something? I wouldnt be surprised if it was my editors fault (i tried that map with Threat-like meter thing... after starting it said "error" in almost every line of script code. Wtf?)

Actually, when i put 4 players there (new blank map), it spawned starting units only for me and player 2 (i didnt bother to remove melee triggers), even though first 4 players were "computer" and had starting locations, so im totally missing some veeery basic part here. I have to put something besides "computer" in player tab or what.

Aaargh, what the hell :D i admit, im dumb, please help :D

Level 7
EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED.

Okay, sorry guys, my blind bad again. Problem all along was, that i forget to tick "Fixed Player Settings" or what in Player Priorities tab. That gives me actual computer-controlled players, and the AI of player 12 is more malleable for my commands, than Neutral Hostile (or so it seems, so far).

Thanks for help anyways, you also gave some other tips (like threat meter) besides, so, great :D

Status
Not open for further replies.