• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Stacking Auras/spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
How do you make it so you can have a unit get the effect of 2 different command auras. Example the first one might give +7% damage when the other gives +10%, giving you a total of +17% damage if under the effects of both aura.

Also was woundering how you do this with spells, like bloodlust .

Level 3
Trigger based OR if there is another version of the spell available I.E. Command aura <-> Trueshot aura.

You can just modify Trueshot aura to look the same as command aura including the Trueshot aura buff and set it to all units instead of ranged only.

Just as long as the ability is not based on the same on I.E. 2 command aura's using a different buff would NOT work.

Hope this helped:wink:

Level 5
Nope i ment jsut 2 different commander auras, like seen in legian td. Also commander aura i was using for an example but i ment all auras. Vamp, movement, command, armer aura, etc

Level 7
Command Aura stacks if you just change the buff to one with a different basic buff, M4stah is right there. You can make as many Command Auras stack as there are different buffs.

/edit: This doesn't work for the other auras though, I think.

Level 5
After messing with it for a while i found out that it simply removes the effect of the other spell. Example if inner fire1 casts on a troop that hass innerfire2 it removes the effect of innerfire2 and addes the effects of innerfire1

PS sorry it took so long to answer

Level 4
Armor Aura level 1 + level 1 will not stuck but level 1 + level 2 will

(level 1 is 1.5 armor and level 2 is 3 armor, in this example you will see armor of 4.5 when the units get closer.)
PLUS you no need more than one skill and any unit can have it

Attachments

• Owned.w3x
    16.7 KB · Views: 87
Level 7
Trigger based OR if there is another version of the spell available I.E. Command aura <-> Trueshot aura.

You can just modify Trueshot aura to look the same as command aura including the Trueshot aura buff and set it to all units instead of ranged only.

Just as long as the ability is not based on the same on I.E. 2 command aura's using a different buff would NOT work.

Hope this helped:wink:

Nope i ment jsut 2 different commander auras, like seen in legian td. Also commander aura i was using for an example but i ment all auras. Vamp, movement, command, armer aura, etc

Just do as he says, turn trueshot in melee and range and combine with command aura

Level 6
the same spell with different buff doesnt stack, but auras do.
you need a different base skill with a different ID.

Really? I seriously doubt this but I guess I'll have to check this sometime later today. I'm pretty sure I've had it where I had one unit using inner fire as a negative buff (lowers armor and damage) and one as a positive buff and they were just cancelling each other out when a unit got both.

Armor Aura level 1 + level 1 will not stuck but level 1 + level 2 will

(level 1 is 1.5 armor and level 2 is 3 armor, in this example you will see armor of 4.5 when the units get closer.)
PLUS you no need more than one skill and any unit can have it

hmm interesting, this is something I didn't know - I guess if the values of the same 2 base spells (devotion aura for example) are the same but have different buffs one will overwrite the other as the game does not attempt to stack equal-strength buffs (this is probably intended for items' effects not stacking) but if 2 of the same base spell have different buffs and different values (regardless of level) they will stack. That's my hypothesis anyway, I'll check it later tonight.

Level 9
Really? I seriously doubt this but I guess I'll have to check this sometime later today. I'm pretty sure I've had it where I had one unit using inner fire as a negative buff (lowers armor and damage) and one as a positive buff and they were just cancelling each other out when a unit got both.

if you have used 2 different inner fires with different ID, i haven't tested with every skill but i am pretty sure most don't stack.

Level 4
2 Auras that will combine with each other and will stuck with self but only when the auras not on the same level.

Attachments

• Owned2.w3x
    16.6 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.