• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spudnik's Terrain Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Okay, I thought I should post some of my work here to get my rep up :grin:

Anyway so here goes:

The first terrain I ever made:
Of course it's a habitable tree, everyone does that first ^^

HabitableTree1.jpgHabitableTree2.jpgHabitableTree3.jpgHabitableTree4.jpg

Second Terrain:
Practically a mountain pass with an entrance to a cave system

Third terrain:
Made using Born2Modificate's real texture Terraining pack. Supposed to be a sleepy little village Still a WIP

All of my terrains are fully Z compatible.

Level 10
if those are ur first tries with the editor u got some crap load of talent! gj keep it up!

only comment i can think off is place your building doodads cleaner tint them a bit, more enviromental doodads and beter tile variation. but thats an issue for everyone :)

Level 4
Thank you.

On the Mountain Pass I was trying to use as little doodads if none at all because obviously is damn cold up there. So that may excuse the missing doodads and tile variation.

What do you mean by placing doodads cleaner?

Level 34
Pretty good. Not quite ready to give you rep. You need to produce a little better than that. The first one is rather boring. With those tree houses, you really need to make it look cool. The second is boring. More doodads! It look so empty, and in wc3, empty is almost always bad. The building is cool, though.

I don't really do High-Res and therefore cannot critique properly. It looks decent.

Level 4
Thanks for the criticism. Well the first was more about exploring what I could do with the editor you know. The second, well it has large areas where there is nothing. That's because I originally wanted to make a map out of it, but the person I was going to make it with didn't want to anymore, so the terrain never really got finished.

Level 9
The first one could use some work. The third makes good use of the High res doodads.

The second terrain is definetly your best, it has good use of tile variation and height and also has a well defined theme. I don't think it looks bad as empty but as Void said, maybe through a few more doodads in there.

Level 6
That snowy mountain pass one reminds me of a Daedric Ruin on Morrowind. Anyway, looks all good, except for the tree one. Don't like that one too much. All the surrounding trees need to match in height.

Level 4
@Belgarath: Oh the third one has probably the most plants ever. It is just not so much visible on the screenshots, but there are little areas like gardens with benches that are overflowing with plants, however the more frequently traveled areas (the center of the village) has no plants at all as would a real village

Level 7
The second one is pretty cool, I think all it needs is some environmental doodads around it and maybe less moon rays. The town is also very nice, but that platform there can use some doodads. It looks strange just empty like that. I think that the first terrain's environment is too bright and blue for those ashenvale-like doodads. Otherwise, good terrains. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.