• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spider Farm

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: andc and Fleck
Chinese name of map: 蜘蛛养殖场

English name of map: Spider Farm

Map version: 1.24

Map size: Huge (224×224)

Map sandbox template: Icecrown Glacier

Map population: 3v3v3v3

Map introduction:
  This was originally a spider farm in North Northrend, but an unexplained accident caused the Nerubian to riot, and a greater war was coming.

Map structure design:
-068 Gold Mine
-004 Goblin Merchant
-001 Fountain of Health
-004 Goblin Lab
-004 Way Gate
-004 Tavern
-004 Mercenary Camp (Icecrown Glacier)

Acknowledgement

Special thanks to all of the following people (Custom image creators):
Darky29
Muoteck
bigapple90
The Panda
Juan_Ann
SexYFrostWyrM
Novart
JollyD
Novart
Love Seeker
San
HappyTauren
Deleted member 238226
The Panda
Darkfang

Special thanks to all of the following people (Custom model creators):
alfredx_sotn
Darky29
RightField
Mc !
JetFangInferno
Burning_Dragoon5
D.O.G
Gottfrei
Tarrasque
Callahan
-Grendel
UgoUgo
nGy
Lender
MatiS

Preface

The map is a confrontation map, but there are many eggs added to the map. These eggs include new units, new buildings, new heroes, new unknown events, etc., but they don't affect the balance of the game. The map supports Chinese English bilingual mode, which is intelligent detection and non manual selection. So the LAN game must use the same language game client, otherwise it will cause the player data is not synchronized and dropped. At present, only Chinese and English are supported. It is recommended to use the latest 64 bit version of Warcraft III to run this map, and it is not recommended to use the 32-bit version before 1.29 to run this map. Because of the complexity of the map structure and the overlapping of unit models, running this map on the old version of Warcraft III is easy to cause the game to crash.

Above for BaiDu translation.

ZLY199377  
September 1, 2020
Previews
Contents

Spider Farm (Map)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
Substandard it is then.
Level 8
1: There's something wrong with the wood collection on this map. The problem is with models that use trees, which will make it impossible for workers to collect wood from the Highlands, so they will wander around the trees instead of collecting. Since this is a problem with map layout and tree models, it may not be fixed.

2: The player's birthplace is too narrow, and ground units are easily blocked, so the number of buildings built is also limited. There is only one escape exit, and "cave" can not play an integral role in escape. Therefore, if one side's power is too weak, the whole team may be annihilated, which is very unbalanced!

3: "Neutral creatures" will take the initiative to attack players, which loses the meaning of the game.

These designs are my original intention for the map, and I don't want to change them. But the contestants in my country didn't respond well to this map. The reason is the same as above, so it's Substandard!

Level 2
I quite enjoyed this map, although it broke after about an hour of playtime (not doing anything in particular), and then again after a few minutes of play time when I tried to save the game. I was playing on 1.27, so that might be the problem.