• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Farming Lands

Reactions: Legal_Ease
Farming Lands
Created by goldDannsp

Map Info:

I wanted to make a village themed map, with the standard
ammount of gold in expansion gold mines and the easy way
of access to other players bases, the matches don't
last much time.

This map contains:

*Buildings:
-28 Gold Mines
-4 Taverns
-4 Goblin Laboratories
-1 Marketplace
-4 Goblin Markets

*Creep Camps:
-8 Red Camps (Spawn Points)
-9 Red Camps
-28 Orange Camps
-16 Green Camps

Screenshots:

Terrain Overview:
The outer roads offer a easy path to move around the map

186777-albums8283-picture99737.png

Center:
A marketplace is located in the center of the map

186777-albums8283-picture99736.png

Secondary Expansion points:
Located near the center focused to use in the late game, guarded by a high level camp

186777-albums8283-picture99735.png

Credits:

goldDannsp

Extra Info:

Leave your comments/suggestions. Have a nice Day

Keywords:
village, 8 players, goldDannsp
Contents

Farming Lands (Map)

Reviews
13:19, 13th Jul 2015 Shadow Fury: Map approved with a rating of 3/5.
Simple, playable, decent tile use, all around good looking map. However, there is nothing special about it either. 3/5 +rep

I would add custom doodads or tiles, or something to keep it from being too plain. I know you were going for simple and you nailed it. Fun, fast games are good, but to there are a lot of these. You should try to do something with it to make it stand out. Still, there is nothing wrong with it - good work.

Level 21
- The terrain was quite decent without any doubts. The tile usage was very good though there were no signs of the Dirt tile. You may add it somewhere such as at the starting locations. The manipulation of doodads was pretty nice also. The only problem here was that the terrain is just too flat. The crops should remain flat but the pathways... totally not! Natural landscapes/pathways should always have an uneven surface as well as the starting locations.

- Creep camps and item drops are appropriate mostly. I'm a bit fishy about the Ogres' creep camp. 3/4 of the creeps drop an item but it shouldn't be like that (no matter even if they are suitable). Maybe reducing it to 2/4 only? I'd suggest to do so. Another problematic creep camp is the one of the sasquatches. The percentages of the items dropped by the strongest sasquatch. 40% level 6, 40% level 7 and 20% level 8. There's quite a large difference between a level 6 item and a level 8 item so it could turn out to be very unfair. Since there are 4 creep camps equal to this, one player can get the level 8 items and the other a level 6. How unfair in this case... I would recommend setting the percentages to 50% level 7 and 50% level 8 because there isn't a massive difference between these two levels.

- Terrain restriction... there are some areas where the terrain is too small. I highly recommend not to use bridges because in most cases they just cause heavy restriction and problem in letting huge armies pass from one side to the other. The ramps leading to the sasquatches are too small as well. As for the rest of the terrain, they are of acceptable size though trying to make some areas within cliffs larger would be great.

Overall the map can be approved with a rating of 3/5. Good job!