• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellmaker/General Triggerer looking for an Project:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hello, I am redscores, my real Name is Fabian Saam, i am from Germany and 17 years old, I am a vJASS and GUI spellmaker and currently very bored, If someone wants me as a help for one of his projects as spellmaker he should reply, there are only a few conditions:

The Map should be nothing like "OMG i deal 20000 damage in second! you fail!"
The Guys which work on this should be relative active, the map can be from type: Hero Arena, AoS, or anything that heavily uses heroes (else i wouldn't be needed). And the team should speak english and should have a IM so we can talk about the map, i got AIM, ICQ, MSN, mIRC, TS2, Skype.

I can prove my work, the link to one of my newest spell works will be posted here. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/pastebin/show/dd8bcbe1be85dbc7cafc663b3fbca542/

Level 3
I started doing it maybe a week ago... and firstly I had to do terrain, gather models etc. I dont have all time to do the map..

Level 12
Well... It seems you have high standards....

I like that...

Right now I'm doing the triggering/spellmaking on a Mario Arena Project... But I have another Project in my back pocket that I want to get finished...

I'll tell you a bit of the concept...
Seziure Inducing Speed....

Tell me if you want to more info....... I don't want to show too much just because I'd rather wait, make it and keep credit for publicity for my Forum... instead of throwing it out and losing it..... with ideas I come up with later on.......

Level 12
Tell me the ideas, because currently i have no idea what you mean.

I kinda don't want to give this to you because this map idea is my pride and joy and I wanyt to hold it and caress it...

So forget that....

I suppose I need more help with a super smash bros project....
-I'm going to give blowback to every spell that happens
--5 different spells originally (forward attack, Up attack, Back attack, Down/duck attack, Neutral)
--Specials-Projectiles etc
--The Higher your HP the more Blowback you'll get
--Jump Mech that allows for Directional Influence and Fast Falling
--Dodge Mech Based on Divine Sheild
--Sheild Mech Based on Mana Sheild
--L Cancelling when hitting the ground while attacking, Teching when blownback and hitting a wall, Getting out of stuns quickly

THe most important part would be to code Jumps into blowback, Allow in air spells as well as initial stun that you would have to press sheild to get out of (Teching of sorts)

All using Warcraft Characters instead of custom models (look better and I want to see Panderen Brewmaster kick Blade Masters Arse.....)

This is highly unoriginal... but hasn't been done... and honestly... I'm about to sell my wii... So having some place to play smash bros (Which could potentially be better then the real one) would be nice

In alot of ways though I feel Like I wouldn't be doing much...
-But I just have to rework my arrow key system to fit this...
-Make some Prototype abilities that change based upon what arrow keys you press and allow the blowback system to take effect on them while changing the Distance/Speed variable equal to Damage(array) instead of Level of ability...
-Make the abilities play certain animations at certain angles (Eventually I would need custom models since its very ugly seeing a model change angle while doing an attack instead of a fluid motion attack...)

This Seems like a big project... But I have built an arrow Key System but it needs fine tuning for jumps... We'd basically be working on the Blowback System and Getting that Fixed up with the Jump System and the death system. Everything else is just (Unit starts effec.... Abili = ..... if unit height >=.... and unit height <=.... then set blowback =....)

You help me with this and I'll let you know my ideas about the Speed Map

Level 12
Your stuff sounds weird, no idea what you exactly mean, blowback? you mean knockback or what?

Yeah... Knockback....

I guess I won't tell you the triggers We'd need to get done before you want to get involved...
Otherwise theres no point really.....

In anycase...
THats What I'm putting out there....

I'm going to create a thread about it soon.... once I finish up a few other things....

Level 12
My decision, not yours.

I mean... A persons Decision can be influenced by a lot of different things..........
So..... IT may not be 100% your decision....
But.....

THere comes a point where I don't really care that much about getting you...
So.... yeah....

Level 12
Your making everything a myth, never any idea is really original, i would be interested in joining a spell/hero based map, but not only for a blow back..

how?

I actually like a bunch of ideas... just some of them aren't really that orginial...
1 lane instead of 3? Big whoop....
4 lanes where two cross over?... kinda hawt...... Maybe making it two lanes that cross over at a thrids length away from the main base... since the other way seemed like it didn't really make much of a difference....

I'm also a believer in the idea that people shouldn't get helped for winning or screwed for losing... Though people should use the time they have wisely... or else they're simply wasting it...
Like the way a hero map is... If you kill more... You have a greater chance of winning... not because your skilled... but because your hero is stronger... which is kinda silly... You shouldn't have a greater chance of winning because you are stronger then everyone else... but because you are more tactful, skilled and got a bit lucky.... But when an entire game gets thrown off by one victory... and there is no way to recover from it.... thats when the game is shetty...

Also... Giving Noobs the ability to be able to have an equal effct on the gameplay ought to be there....
As well as Giving people the ability to maximize their skills
While making every Ability and thing you do heightening your awareness of different strategies...

I'd say you should PM me.... instead of bumping this thread....
I can always use constructive criticism.... doesn't sound like your doing anything else besides that.........

Level 12
The Problem is you can't balance in wc3, because there are random influences.

You can balance in it... your just gunna have to be a bit creative....

See my forum fro two versions of balancing
HP vs Damage vs Range
Atack speed vs Range vs Running Speed-3 hp for each, 1 attack...

Status
Not open for further replies.