• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellbook's Ability Button placement {ability buttons randomly changing positions}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello guys, I'm having this small problem with spellbooks.

When I put multiple abilities in, they get placed in random locations on the button grid, and when I level up the spellbook-based ability, the abilities within the spellbook change places again. Would someone mind telling me how to make them stay at fixed locations?

Last edited:
Level 14
Use the buttons indicated in screenshot below.

If the buttons were as follow:
Button Position X = 0
Button Position Y = 0

Then the button will be in top left corner.

Its easy to figure out. you will see what i mean once to try it.

Good Luck :ap:

Attachments

• Buttonss.JPG
    Buttonss.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 359
Level 8
Use the buttons indicated in screenshot below.

If the buttons were as follow:
Button Position X = 0
Button Position Y = 0

Then the button will be in top left corner.

Its easy to figure out. you will see what i mean once to try it.

Good Luck :ap:

I think that's only for spells outside the spellbook. Because someone once came to the hive saying the spell coordinates don't work inside the spellbook and another genius came and said spells inside the spellbook is ordered by their raws. I think that was it.

But try it anyways. Might prove me wrong big time. :wink:

Level 21
If you use a spellbook that already contains spells, the order in which the spells are displayed is dependant on the order in which you added the spells to the "spells" field of the spellbook ability.

If you're using the technique to add spells to a spellbook in-game as explained in tutorials, then you must have minimum spells = maximum spells = 11. Or it's something related to those 2 fields. Otherwise, the order of your spells is based on either the order you've added them in your triggers or on the order-id of your spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.