• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple Toggle Abilities in Spellbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi guys,

I have created multiple custom toggle abilities (with turn on/off) that are based on the ability Manashield (I chose Manashield as a basis, because the ability should not interrupt the units current order). I want to use them on the same unit within a spellbook, but get two problems:

1. The spellbook seems to ignore the button positions of the contained abilities, instead showing them in "random" order. The order also doesn't seem to be related to the order in which I've added the abilities to the spelllbook.
    How can I influence the order in which the abilities show up?
  2. The unit with the spellbook keeps casting/toggling the wrong ability. Whenever I try to turn on an ability, instead the last turned-off ability in the spellbook gets turned on. Whenever I try to turn off an ability, instead the last turned-on ability in the spellbook gets turned off.
    I have set different order strings for all abilities in the spell book - doesn't change the problem.
    Why does this occur and how can I make it right?
I'd really appreciate your help here! I can upload an example map, if needed.

Thanks in advance and all best,
Eikonium

Level 13
you cannot base multiple abilities of the same base ability and give them to one unit, that's why the wrong ability gets cast. changing the order string does not help in this case.

there are only 2 abilities as far as i know where changing the order string works, one of which is Channel and the second one i don't remember the exact name, but i think it's some like "charge gold and wood"

Level 20
you cannot base multiple abilities of the same base ability

Thank you for the hint!

All 10 abilities in my spellbook have to meet the criteria that they don't interrupt the units current order. I only know 6 abilities of that kind (Berserk, Defend, Magical Defense, Mana Shield, Immolation, Divine Shield), so I would need further 4 to fill my spellbook with different ones.

Do you know more abilities that might work? Or can I setup Channel in a way that it also doesn't change unit orders?

Best regards!

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Roar, Fan of Knives, and I believe Howl of Terror work IF the casting unit's Art - Cast Backswing/Point are set to 0.00.

If you want Cast Backswing/Point to be used for non-instant abilities you may be able to set the unit's Cast Backswing/Point to 0.00 using triggers in response to the issued order/ability being cast, and then set them back to their default values afterwards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.