• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Button Positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Okay so I am currently making a map and one of the units has a spellbook (used as a menu). The menu (spellbook) has 12 icons (9 Craft Item Spells, 1 Information Passive, 1 Next Page Button and 1 Close Menu (Esc) button. (All crafting spells based on Channel.)

So now comes the problem: button positions.

I have set the button positions of each ability to where I want them to be with the X and Y coordinates yet they do not work. The order seems completely random.

However as I tried to check if the "Spell List" order would change the positioning I noticed it did but I did not quite catch the logic of it. I was able to get 3 of the spells to where I want them to be and then it fucked up

So is there any logic here or any solution?

Additionally a small question:
Is there a way to remove the "/[MaxFood]" text from the Food Resource Tooltip? I'd like it to show just the current food amount, not the maximum.

Edit:
I managed to get the 1-8 Crafting Buttons and Information Button and Next Page Button to where I want but I can't get the Crafting Button 9 to where I want, any ideas?

Solved.

Last edited:
Level 13
Is there a way to remove the "/[MaxFood]" text from the Food Resource Tooltip? I'd like it to show just the current food amount, not the maximum.
I believe if you are not providing any food that it will just show the amount of food you are using. Is that what you mean?

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
I believe if you are not providing any food that it will just show the amount of food you are using. Is that what you mean?

Yes, exactly. Providing no food makes it show the amount of food you use only, but it still displays the /[maxfood] in the tooltip displayed when you hover your cursor above the resource UI.

I want to remove the tooltip part as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.