• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Button Position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Heres a picture:

attachment.php

As you can see, it appears the attack ground command has forced the skill button to move to the bottom left. Is there a way to move the attack ground button 1 space to the left, allowing the skill button to move to it's default position?

Edit: For clarification. I am aware you can change the button position of abilities. However I am wondering how to change the button position of "Attack Ground" as it is not an ability. Unfortunately it shares a default position with the "Hero Skill" button, shoving it out of the way.

Attachments

• Button Position.jpg
    Button Position.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 995
Last edited:
Level 16
I set the Button Position X to 2. In theory that will move the "Attack Ground" button 1 slot to the left. It didn't however. I also tried giving the hero the "Rally" ability. Still no change except my hero acted like a constructing barracks or somthing (when you set the point where units automatically go to after being trained).

Level 10
Allright sorry I understand now.

Attack Ground and Hero Attribute share a button position by default. I'm not sure how to change them - can't find either in the abilities list so I can change its default position.

Level 10
Yeah I wasn't going to suggest overwriting that file because I wasn't sure if its possible in a map. I've always done mine straight to war3patch.mpq so that I don't have to deal with silly map limitations, heh.

Weird that Blizzard didn't give us a way to specify them in the map editor though. I guess it was an oversight. Someone should build in editing that file to JNGP by making a GUI for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.