• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stupid command buttons...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am still new to this so bare with me...and before you say anything I have searched.
Is there any way to get rid of the command buttons (move, stop, hold position) and move the attack button to the top left corner and use the rest of the boxes for spells? Any help is appreciated! Great forum btw... :thumbs_up:

Level 14
Maximum number of spells is 5. You can use a spellbook, as mckill2009 said, but the abilities in it will not be levelable. You know that when your hero levels up, you gain a skill point and you can learn an ability with it by clicking on a yellow plus. Well, you can't level the abilities from the spellbook this way. You need to level 'em up with triggers.

Level 4
I know how..
1: Create a backup clone of the Hero, with set stats, abilities, items, health, mana, everything
Then, once you cast a "Backpack" spell, remove that unit instantly,
Create a unit with all same Stats, but different levelable abilities
2: Just use a buncha Spell Books on your Hero Abilities area.
3: Make Player Commands. Like : "Player sends a message containing: 1"
Save abilities
Remove abilities
Add abilities
Save abilities + levels on Normal Set
"Player sends a messaging containing: 2"
Revert to Removed abilities
Save abilities + levels on Set 1

Level 1
Thanks guys! I'm reconsidering how I want to do this now... Originally I didn't want set classes, rather you can learn any combination of skills and spells to create your own class basically. Kinda like skyrim...only different lol

Level 20
well.. i'm not sure if you can remove the UI buttons, and add custom Channel abilities with the same order string and base ID and key shortcut than the originals, but in the positions you want... I mean, it could probably work.

Level 16
I heard that you could possibly delete "stop", and those who want to stop should press "hold" instead. I do not remember how, but I think I found this in some other forum,"thehelper" probably. It was linked from some thread on hive, and this is how I got there.

Good luck!!

Level 14
Wait, wait, wait! Why the fk do you want to remove the move buttons? Setting the maximum of 5 spells in Object editor is a fact. You CAN'T have more than 5 spells without a spellbook, for which you have a free sixth slot? Removing the buttons is unneeded.

Level 3
i think there might be 2 more possibilitys.

1. u could try to change the complete game-interface. i saw this just yesterday @ the map "TKoK: Eastern Kingdom v2.11.07f". if u cant find the map, i think i could send it to you by email. very interesting map btw! ;)

2. you could try it with hotkeys. if i would do so, i would put a list of all spells (including descriptions) via trigger into the F9 quest menu. as far as i know, it is possible to learn more than 5 spells, but u simply dont see em all then (so u need to see them somewhere else ->F9 ->1 "quest" for each spell).
for hotkeys i think i would use Q W E R T first and then watch on for more useful ones. but dont try to use the alrdy used ones like "S" for "Stop"! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.