• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Spell that hits units in line!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello hivers! I have a problem creating a great spell. It is a spell based on shockwave. In the trigger I have this....like:

Unit - Cause "Caster" to damage "Target", dealing 50x hero damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal

NOTE: Words with this sign " " are variables

So I have this, so Im expecting when testing, it will hit ALL units in line but when tried, it only hits the first enemy in line and the other no..... SO how should I do a trgger that hits all units in a line.

Level 15
Uh. I'll explain how to do it in more detail if that helps?

You need a dummy unit with the model of the missile you want. You create this on cast and store it into a variable. In some other trigger that runs periodically (say every 0.04s), you move it at a certain angle (at point offset by). In this trigger you also do a 'pick every unit within 500 range of missile' and then do deal the damage in that. I might write it up in GUI later for you, but I really doubt it. Maybe someone else can show you how it's done? Alternatively take a look at this, it may help you.

Level 20
You could use Hero Level and Hero STR and Ability level to set damage, but getting into item, auras, and attack damage bonuses gets fuzzy.

The rest (dealing damage in a line) is pretty easy and has been already explained.

Level 14
I am not certain if this will work I cant test it right now, but I think that you could detect the hero's damage by creating a dummy unit, casting a illusion spell on the hero, moving the illusion to the dummy and ordering it to attack it, than you simply substract the dummy's current hp from its max hp to get the hero's damage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.