• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Targeting Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi guys. I have a spell in which the player targets a point and it creates an "energy fissure" (cool-looking void thingy) at the point. It then sends out waves which zap your mana. I use dummy casters to create the wave effect (purple version of "crushing wave"). Anyway, the issue is that sometimes the dummy cannot cast because it's target is on unpathable terrain.

Perhaps this will help to illustrate my issue:

EnergyFissure.jpg

Key
Arrows: the effects (waves)
Oval: the energy fissure effect
The effect that travels east wouldn't be cast because its target would be the fence, which is unpathable.

I guess my question is: how do I ensure that the dummy ability will ALWAYS be cast i.e. how to make the spell able to target even unpathable terrain?

If I am too vague, please say so and I will explain more! If you like, I can upload an in-game screenshot so you can see what I am talking about.

Thanks for reading, hope you can help! :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.