• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spell System for RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Edit2: Apparently my original post could be viewed as a spell request, which it was never intended to be. xD

I would like to make an ORPG with a twist in how spells are cast. Instead of being restricted to a few spells or a single spellbook, I've given each class (so far only 1 hero :p) 3 spell "trees" that they can put points into to learn more spells from that tree. Then, instead of actually casting the spell, the spells in the books are just dummies that get placed into the ingame inventory. In this method, one can have a customized spelltab for their character, and if you apply some code from an inventory system, you can save multiple tabs of spellbars, adding more choices and skill to your typical RPG ^.^

Is this clarified well enough, or do I need to draw some pictures while I work on the demo?

Any opinions good or bad about how you think this will affect gameplay?

Last edited:
Level 5
Bumpage. Finishing demo, been on chat a lot and left the demo in the background >.> I know, I need to work and talk less, but hey, I'm getting good feedback from them, so..

Status
Not open for further replies.