• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Stuff Request/Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am currently working on a map my friends and I will play on. It will be somewhat like WoW but have its own twists and turns to make it a lot different.

Oh well, I don't feel as though background info will do much so I will get straight to the point.

This isn't really a request but rather I am searching a solution as to how to do it. Ok so in this map, every level beginning at level 1 you can up either health, intellect, mana, strength, agility, and/or regeneration. Each level gives you 2 points to level up any of these above, once. Ok now the next part. Every other level beginning at level 2, you also have the ability to choose another level of the, in the priest case, Holy spell book, or the Shadow spell book. Now one problem I am discovering is, that I can't make it so only at level 2, 4, 6, etc... you can select to get spells. What is happening is that you can get chapter 1 of the holy book at level 2, and then at 3 you can get chapter 1 of the shadow book. I don't want it to work that way, as I don't want the hero to get all possible spells, but rather decide on one or the other, or even a mix.

So I am looking for advice on how to make this work. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.