• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell System Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everyone :) I am currently working on a map that my friends and I will be playing on. It won't be released on bnet or anything because it will have a huge file size, but I have now run into a dilemma that I cannot fix

Using just normal abilities for a hero, one can have about 5 abilities. Using the spell book ability, one hero can now have 12 abilities. Although I love the spell book I want my friends to have a chance to choose which type of spells to choose from. Such as for a mage, I want them to either choose fire spells or arcane spells, and so fourth. The problem I am having is that if I do 2 spellbooks, when I click one, it shows spells for the other, and if they have more than 12 abilities in both spell books combined, some many not show.

Is anyone willing to make a system where they can choose abilities from (mage example) the fire spellbook, and also can choose from the arcane spellbook...but each ability shows up in its appropriate book? Also is it possible that they can only learn a new chapter (level) of each spell book every 2 levels? I know how to do the level skip requirements but if say you learn 1 chapter at level 1 from the fire book, you can learn the 1st chapter of the arcane abilites at level 2. I don't want that. You can only learn a chapter every 2 levels, so 1, 3, 5 and so forth.

Ok I know this is a lot of text, but if anyone is willing to design this, or has links to templates of various spell systems I would greatly appreciate it :)

Thanks again,

Discordus

Level 4
Is wc3c down or something cause I could not find nor get to the spell system you said Daelin had posted...Do you know of any other source where I could find it?

so can anyone provide me with a link to the spell system Daelin made, or if there are any others? I would really appreciate the help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.