• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellbook upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey, i'm making an orpg and i want units to have a spellbook and level up with them, like at level 5 they will learn a new ability in a spell book, something like Defi4nc3's orpg, please can someone tell me how? :gg:

-Maker's suggestion
or
-make the spellbook to have different levels and each higher level holding more spells then level it up via triggers
or
-make each new ability inside another spellbook with the same BaseID as the one that your hero initially has, then add the spellbook with the ability you want to learn to the unit then disable it...

Level 5
Ty Adiktuz, this was easier then i thought it would be =P another 3 questions that is is simple to other pro's,

How do i make a spell that creates an item?

And how to make a unit only summon 1 type of optional creatures, e.g in my orpg a warlock has the option to summon a void walker, fel hunter, fel beast and sabucuss how can i make the warlock only summon 1 at the time?

Oh, and one last thing can someone make/tell me how to make a holy shield ability please, (a skill that absorbs 600/800/1000 damage and last for 20 seconds)

yh u might have noticed i'm suckish with triggers, but its only the skills part, i'm alright with others =P.

1st question: make a dummy spell based on "Channel" then trigger the item creation

2nd Question: save a boolean for the caster in a hashtable which saves whether the unit already has a summon and check it when he casts the summoning spell

a simple trigger to make him stop casting the ability if he already has an active summon. If you dont know how to work with hashtables you should learn it first...
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • If Load boolean of KEy(TriggeringUnit) from hashtable equal to true
    • Or - Any conditions are true
      • Conditions
        • Ability being cast is equal to summon1
        • Ability being cast is equal to summon2
        • //place all summoning skills here
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order Triggering unit to stop
3rd question: I havent tried doing it yet so I cannot help you with it but basically you just heal the unit whenever he takes damage then you save all damage taken by that unit then if it becomes equal or greater than the max value of the shield then you remove the shield....

Status
Not open for further replies.